Ever been Banged Up?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Ever been Banged Up?

Post by RickyBobby »

... and care to tell about it?

Cambodia, or wherever. Would be interesting to hear your stories, if any.

I find the prospect of being in prison in KOW terrifying, and we've heard the stories. But sometimes, when I see photos of people that are re-appearing for court, they seem to look surprisingly decent for living in a cage.

Sup homies? Spill.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Ever been Banged Up?

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I got nicked in Pakistan in 1974, i was trying to send a kilo of hash to the uk, i got 2 months in the nick, i had been taking lots of hash from Peshawar to the indian border on a regular basis but after a few months of that plus an opium habit i decided to try the post office bad move!
I also got nicked in California for weed in 1975 spent a couple of days in the Santa Cruz county jail. Have also done borstal in the uk for possesion of drugs
(lsd)
My 24 hours in a morrocon jail is another story.

Charlie
Thenewstoday
Expatriate

Post by Thenewstoday »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:44 am I got nicked in Pakistan in 1974, i was trying to send a kilo of hash to the uk, i got 2 months in the nick, i had been taking lots of hash from Peshawar to the indian border on a regular basis but after a few months of that plus an opium habit i decided to try the post office bad move!
I also got nicked in California for weed in 1975 spent a couple of days in the Santa Cruz county jail. Have also done borstal in the uk for possesion of drugs
(lsd)

Charlie
I'm guessing you're teaching English now?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I must have been arrested about 20 times in various European countries and spent a good few nights in the cells but never got charged with anything so no, never really been banged up as such. All a long time ago and funny to think of now but I was young and foolish.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

you guessed wrong !

Charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Yep i was young and foolish, i would not dare to do the things i done in my youth, crossing the border from Pakistan to india with a kilo of hash strapped around my legs! ahghh i cannot even believe i done that but i did !

Charlie
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:50 am I must have been arrested about 20 times in various European countries and spent a good few nights in the cells but never got charged with anything so no, never really been banged up as such. All a long time ago and funny to think of now but I was young and foolish.
I spent one night in the drunk tank at the local cop shop years ago, and I wasn't even drunk. They took my shoes, and there was a heated concrete platform, but no blanket or pillow. The lights never dimmed, and time stood still. At some point there was a crying loud moaner brought in adjacent that made me crazy. I was disoriented and didn't know the time of day or what end was up. Longest night of my life.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Thenewstoday wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:44 am I got nicked in Pakistan in 1974, i was trying to send a kilo of hash to the uk, i got 2 months in the nick, i had been taking lots of hash from Peshawar to the indian border on a regular basis but after a few months of that plus an opium habit i decided to try the post office bad move!
(lsd)

Charlie
I'm guessing you're teaching English now?
Jail in Pakistan and Morocco both must be a story. Also, seems you have lived an adventurous life. I bet you have a ton of good stories. Please share it.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

I have loads of storys, i got nicked in Santa Cruz California once for shoplifting a loaf of bread. They took me to the county jail and in the morning i went to court and was give a small fine, the prisoners all had a collection and gave me their lunch sandwiches to take out with me.

Charlie
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

(lsd)

Charlie
You've just gone up in my estimation TUV1.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic