Your Prostate Health.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Your Prostate Health.

Post by Sidewalker »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Cooldude wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm Frank Zappa died from prostate cancer.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/prostate ... ancer.aspx

Iain McKellan, Robert di Nero, Colin Powell, Roger Moore, Arnold Palmer, Mandy Patinkin, Warren Buffett, etc.
I made a mistake, I taught you naming people who died of prostate cancer.
Last edited by Sidewalker on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Sidewalker wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:43 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Cooldude wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm Frank Zappa died from prostate cancer.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/prostate ... ancer.aspx

Iain McKellan, Robert di Nero, Colin Powell, Roger Moore, Arnold Palmer, Mandy Patinkin, Warren Buffett, etc.
Warren Buffett ( the investor) is still alive and kicking.
Sorry for the confusion - the link lists famous men who have battled prostate cancer, not those who've necessarily died from it.

Interestingly those that can afford better treatment have better outcomes - there's some suggestion that mugs like you and me get processed through the meat-factory and it's the treatment that does the damage.

I needed a catheter once (different story) and was actually happier having another guy insert it. The sister who removed the catheter was rough beyond measure (bearing in mind I was ambulance staff at the time and aware of how things should have happened) and when I asked my care nurse if Sister So and So was having relationship problems, she looked at me in amazement and asked how I knew. "Just a wild guess."

Given this point about normal treatment being much more likely to result in impotence/incontinence I think I'd prefer a male medical team to do any surgery. I'm not sure that makes me sexist, but how many women want a male technician doing mammograms?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I changed my previous post already.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

The catheter story reminds me of a bloke I met in Thailand many years ago who was back there on his second visit. He related to me the story of going to a clinic to get tested for STDs in Oz. He was upfront about where he had been and why he wanted to get tested. Both a female doctor and nurse were in attendance. Apparently this was going to involve sticking a swab-like thing up his dick to get a decent sample. He took one look at the face of the nurse, who was apparently unimpressed with his tales of debauchery and refused to let her near him and insisted the doctor (who was either less judgemental or had a better poker face) do it. I could see the potential for "discomfort" from said procedure. I can only imagine what it would be like now.

Johnny
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

johnny lightning wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:15 pm The catheter story reminds me of a bloke I met in Thailand many years ago who was back there on his second visit. He related to me the story of going to a clinic to get tested for STDs in Oz. He was upfront about where he had been and why he wanted to get tested. Both a female doctor and nurse were in attendance. Apparently this was going to involve sticking a swab-like thing up his dick to get a decent sample. He took one look at the face of the nurse, who was apparently unimpressed with his tales of debauchery and refused to let her near him and insisted the doctor (who was either less judgemental or had a better poker face) do it. I could see the potential for "discomfort" from said procedure. I can only imagine what it would be like now.

Johnny
I traveled to Cambodia and then India to have a closer look at both countries before coming again with my wife for a closer look. I had a moto accident in the provinces here which tore up my arm a little.The next day I was working with a respected organisation in the red-light district in Kolkata, and while I was there a working girl inadvertently emptied a toilet bucket over me from a balcony, which soaked my wound. When I was back in Australia my GP, who knew me well, put me on HIV watch for three months. The vampire that drew blood took a LOT of pleasure in making it hurt. I mentioned this to my GP, who put "aid worker (good guy)" in the comment field on all future bloodwork requests. I was then treated like a human being by the particular vampire. "Do no harm" didn't seem to be in her wheelhouse.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic