Two Teens Arrested after Snatching a Bag from a Chinese Woman in Front of Phnom Penh International Airport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Teens Arrested after Snatching a Bag from a Chinese Woman in Front of Phnom Penh International Airport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A 42-year-old Chinese woman, ZENG CHUN, had her bag snatched in front of Phnom Penh International Airport, and two teenage thieves, Lim Leangheng, 17-year-old, and Chea Sey, 15-year-old, were arrested.

Police took the suspects to Chom Chao3 police post for questioning and let the victim file a complaint. The victim of the theft was happy to recover her US$30,000 and 1,566 yuan, along with her handbag containing the rest of her personal belongings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Teens Arrested after Snatching a Bag from a Chinese Woman in Front of Phnom Penh International Airport

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Happy to get her bag back with $30,000? No shit... :mrgreen:
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Teens Arrested after Snatching a Bag from a Chinese Woman in Front of Phnom Penh International Airport

Post by Kayve »

Low risk, high rewards as long as you don't get beaten to death :stir:
Don't forget the water buffalo
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

These thieves sure knew how to spot a promising victim. I sometimes arrive with just a hundred bucks and credit cards.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

If the criminals realize that some of these chinese arrive with 30 grand that ride into town should get a little more dangerous.
Better take a cab.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Image
That’s 30,000 USD in a bank tie wrappers. How the heck did she get that? I can’t even walk into a bank and request 10,000 USD without lots of questions and paperwork. And how’d she get around the must carry less then 10,000 to leave or enter the country? Sure each of those bank issued wads showed up on x-ray scan.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Image
That’s 30,000 USD in a bank tie wrappers. How the heck did she get that? I can’t even walk into a bank and request 10,000 USD without lots of questions and paperwork. And how’d she get around the must carry less then 10,000 to leave or enter the country? Sure each of those bank issued wads showed up on x-ray scan.
Can't say that I have ever been x-rayed entering or leaving the country. But then I have never carried 30K in cash either.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

That would have been the sweetest khmer new year ever for those thieving fucks if they'd gotten away with it
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

What does "in front of Phnom Penh International Airport " mean? Like she walked out of the building to get a taxi at the curb and they grabbed it? Or was she on the road outside the airport gates trying to save $3 on a taxi into the city? Or was she in a tuk tuk?

I wonder if it was an "inside job" and they knew how much she was carrying.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:30 am I wonder if it was an "inside job" and they knew how much she was carrying.

30 large would be an astronomical amount to 99% of Cambodians.

I think if this were an inside job, there would have been an extreme incentive to make this a successful heist and I don't think it would have taken place out in public and I don't think she would have walked away afterward.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic