BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:19 am I refuse to clear cache and follow all those steps so I just ignored it. It’s working again now though, active topics
Good to hear. It should be all sorted, but it seemed that it was affecting some members and not others. I do think we've finally gotten it sorted, but please let us know if you notice it 'freezing' again with no new updates. I never had it myself, but several people were kind enough to send screenshots, so was at least able to confirm the problem.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
one_dolla
Expatriate

Forum broken?

Post by one_dolla »

For quite a few days this issues has appeared.

I always click the link to read "unread posts" I go through the usually one or two pages then click back to the "Cambodia Forums" page, the click the box to mark all posts read ...a pop up window used to say "all forums read" ...... its started saying "return to previous page"..... But if the next time I visit and go to "unread posts" a lot of the last posts on topics are from the date days before my last visit... so the site is not updating that I have read all the posts on my last visit ..even though I am taking the action to record that.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Forum broken?

Post by John Bingham »

When I click on New Posts it shows me last Wednesday's posts.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hey Ed, have we just lost a couple of pages from the "cambodian forgetfulness" thread.

The last post i have now showing is from Anchor Moy, Wed Apr 10, 12:28 pm.

I thought I read some posts sent after that, including some salt reports posted by you.

- but they now seem to have disappeared. ??
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm Hey Ed, have we just lost a couple of pages from the "cambodian forgetfulness" thread.

The last post i have now showing is from Anchor Moy, Wed Apr 10, 12:28 pm.

I thought I read some posts sent after that, including some salt reports posted by you.

- but they now seem to have disappeared. ??
I don't see any posts on there that have been deleted, so not sure about that. If someone can confirm this more specifically we can look into it.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Sorry Ed (editor), my mistake. I plead "newbie",
I had gone into Anchor Moy's link earlier - and the posts I was looking for were actually the old posts within that link. Not new ones.
Its good to see that you are keeping up the awareness of this awful issue.
Ps, Thanks vm for your entertaining little circus. Also pleasantly surprised to find there is some depth, along with the breadth.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:15 pm Also pleasantly surprised to find there is some depth, along with the breadth.
I think you may man "death along with the breath ".

We have more than our fair share of living dead on this forum. Mainly anti Trump or UK Remainers.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

TOG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:19 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:15 pm Also pleasantly surprised to find there is some depth, along with the breadth.
I think you may man "death along with the breath ".

We have more than our fair share of living dead on this forum. Mainly anti Trump or UK Remainers.
Yeah for sure, that too.
But it's good, to get everybody all fully up on the public stage and out in the open.
Dead corpse don't smell so bad, in fact the are f***ing hilarious, when the are hanging themselves from public lamp post for everybody to watch.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

A post from me was deleted without giving the reason. Do the mods no longer have the courtesy to inform the OP of this?
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Sidewalker wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 am A post from me was deleted without giving the reason. Do the mods no longer have the courtesy to inform the OP of this?
Don't play coy.

You started a new thread on the exact same topic as a thread in which you were actively posting on and you know full well that that thread was locked.

What would posses you to start another thread on the exact same news piece from a thread that was locked?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic