Girls being given away

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Girls being given away

Post by phuketrichard »

I am sure if you visited all the orphanages you would find 50% or more of the orphans DO HAVE a Living relative
BUT they cant take care of them so....It was this way back in 2008 when i used to do dump runs with ....

Fuck my gf is the oldest of 7 girls!! An we take care of 2 of them financially cause her mom died an her dad is a fuckwit.

Khmers need to stop reproducing!!! Particularly IN THE PROVINCES... Get away from this mindset to have lots of kids so someone is around to care for u when ur old...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

All families who can’t provide for their own kids should stop reproducing. Not just here but in the west where handouts are an incentive to pop out babies.

I remember years back there was a lot of charity work for Africa. Showing pot bellied fly ridden kids with sad music etc. millions was raised.

Then two years later. “This is Keisha. Her new born son is dying from starvation because there’s been a drought for two years. Her other six children are also suffering”
WTF! You had another kid in a severe drought!

Wow. I’m really angry today. I need to punch someone.

I’m off to find a Belgian.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Quote:""I’m off to find a Belgian.""
Look in the mirror :mrgreen:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

davegorman wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:30 pm All families who can’t provide for their own kids should stop reproducing. Not just here but in the west where handouts are an incentive to pop out babies.

I remember years back there was a lot of charity work for Africa. Showing pot bellied fly ridden kids with sad music etc. millions was raised.

Then two years later. “This is Keisha. Her new born son is dying from starvation because there’s been a drought for two years. Her other six children are also suffering”
WTF! You had another kid in a severe drought!

Wow. I’m really angry today. I need to punch someone.

I’m off to find a Belgian.
And no man had anything to do with this.......Divine conception
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Sidewalker wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:36 pm Quote:""I’m off to find a Belgian.""
I’m not Belgian. How dare you!
jimsocks
Expatriate

Post by jimsocks »

Just like 10 years ago. But I don't see it anymore though. Also, sometimes it's goodluck, a fortune teller tells them to get a kid, and that *adopted* kid will watch over them when they get older.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Unfortunately, there is very little, if any, Cambodian social anthropology discussed on this forum, and which is one of the foundation stones leading to a basic understanding of Cambodia and the practices of Cambodians. And where/when there is, some moronic half wit comes along and destroys the thread.

OML in PNH
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

davegorman wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:52 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:36 pm Quote:""I’m off to find a Belgian.""
With a reaction likes this, you could be a Belgian :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:50 pm Unfortunately, there is very little, if any, Cambodian social anthropology discussed on this forum, and which is one of the foundation stones leading to a basic understanding of Cambodia and the practices of Cambodians. And where/when there is, some moronic half wit comes along and destroys the thread.

OML in PNH
you really should post more
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Sidewalker wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm
davegorman wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:52 pm
With a reaction likes this, you could be a Belgian :beer3:
At least you didn’t call me a fudge packer.

Thank you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic