Coloso KTV in Phnom Penh faces charges of naked girls 'dirty dancing'

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Xing
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Coloso KTV in Phnom Penh faces charges of naked girls 'dirty dancing'

Post by Xing »

Can I get access to watch the dirty dance video?
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

"However, it was reopened on 1 March, following an inspection by a team composed of representatives of the Phnom Penh municipal governor, the tourism authority, the deputy prosecutor of Phnom Penh municipal court, and various local authorities and subordinates.
After a joint committee viewed and verified the video that was shown on facebook, they established that it was taken in Room 501 of the Coloso Karaoke."

I wonder how many times the "government officials" had to watch the video to ascertain that it was Room 501? Sounds like a large group of them (joint committee!!!) was needed to come to that conclusion.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

cambo swa wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 pm "However, it was reopened on 1 March, following an inspection by a team composed of representatives of the Phnom Penh municipal governor, the tourism authority, the deputy prosecutor of Phnom Penh municipal court, and various local authorities and subordinates.
After a joint committee viewed and verified the video that was shown on facebook, they established that it was taken in Room 501 of the Coloso Karaoke."

I wonder how many times the "government officials" had to watch the video to ascertain that it was Room 501? Sounds like a large group of them (joint committee!!!) was needed to come to that conclusion.
Once they verified none of them or their buddies could be implicated perhaps?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 pm If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend watching "The Girls of Phnom Penh". It's about three teenagers working in a KTV off the end of Sothearous, they live in a pretty rough looking flat nearby, and sometimes do a bit of streetwalking around Boudeng and HE Park. I'm not sure where I saw the full movie, I might have it on a drive. It was made in 2009 so might seem a bit dated, but the same KTV still exists and I don't imagine things have changed that much for this type of vulnerable women since. Here's a trailer:

Here's a review of it: [Khmer440 link removed.]
John, where is the full version of this movie?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't know, I might have it on a drive somewhere. It's a great documentary. I walked through that neighborhood a few weeks back, it's still sketchy as fuck.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic