Schengen Visa for Khmer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: Schengen Visa for Khmer

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:00 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:34 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:26 pm
logos wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 pm I have to disagree with Cam on this. Once you have the Schengen visa, you should be free to modify your itinerary at will, the only provision being that you stick to the designated entry point (country).

Regardingvthe lenghtvof stay, even if you provided an itinerary for 2 weeks and they gave you a visa for 3 month, they won't care about your return date as long as you don't exceed the visa duration.
I remember something about the cumulative number of days limited to 180 per year (per 365 day period) regardless of the number of trips, but I guess it doesn't play a big part in your plans. Obviously contacting the embassy about that would not be a good idea as they have a duty to stick to what info you provided, you don't want them to explicitly state that.
That's like withdrawing a 100 from the ATM and receiving 200. It's not going to happen. If you provide an itinerary of 2 weeks, they will give you a 2 weeks (+ some days to cover for a delayed departure) visa, not three months.
We asked for five weeks and were given 60 days. So apparently it does happen.
You provided them with a full itinerary of 35 days and they gave you a 60 days single entry Schengen tourist visa?
Yes, exactly.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:42 pm ...
I have good news to report that we were successful in getting the Schengen visa. I would just like to follow up with a few questions in case you know the answer.

logos wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:12 am According to Roger rabbit, based on his own experience it shouldn't be very difficult to get a visa.

RR, would you like to make some very easy money ?

How much do you want to bet that the gf gets a visa?
If you put $100 on the table I will give you $300 if she gets the visa. I will even throw in a second attempt at no extra cost.

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is, or will you chicken out?
Lucky for you logos I didn't take the bet :beer3:
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Yes! glad to hear that they seem to become more flexible.

Just for information, as it's not mentioned explicitly on the UK home office immigration website (I think they hide that information) if your Khmer partner has a valid EU residence card it is possible to enter the UK if she travels with you, without getting a prior visa. Or at least it is until brexit eventually takes place.

I wanted to bring the wife to the UK before the old march 29th deadline and booked a short trip about two weeks ago. We turned up by car on march 25 at the border in Calais, submitted her eu ID card, passport, copy of marriage certificate. It did take some haggling and we lost about 2 hours as immigration officials falsely claimed we needed a family permit, but in the end we could go through. I had also printed out the documents attached which I had annexed to the marriage certificate.

:stir: Image
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:50 pm
logos wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 pm I have to disagree with Cam on this. Once you have the Schengen visa, you should be free to modify your itinerary at will, the only provision being that you stick to the designated entry point (country).

Regardingvthe lenghtvof stay, even if you provided an itinerary for 2 weeks and they gave you a visa for 3 month, they won't care about your return date as long as you don't exceed the visa duration.
I remember something about the cumulative number of days limited to 180 per year (per 365 day period) regardless of the number of trips, but I guess it doesn't play a big part in your plans. Obviously contacting the embassy about that would not be a good idea as they have a duty to stick to what info you provided, you don't want them to explicitly state that.
That's like withdrawing a 100 from the ATM and receiving 200. It's not going to happen. If you provide an itinerary of 2 weeks, they will give you a 2 weeks (+ some days to cover for a delayed departure) visa, not three months.
You provided them with a full itinerary of 35 days and they gave you a 60 days single entry Schengen tourist visa?
Yes, exactly.
And it was on purpose, or you don't know?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:00 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Yes, exactly.
And it was on purpose, or you don't know?

I'm sure it was not a mistake. I mean, these people know what they're doing. Perhaps they only give visas in 30 day increments? : )
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

logos wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm Yes! glad to hear that they seem to become more flexible.

Just for information, as it's not mentioned explicitly on the UK home office immigration website (I think they hide that information) if your Khmer partner has a valid EU residence card it is possible to enter the UK if she travels with you, without getting a prior visa. Or at least it is until brexit eventually takes place.

I wanted to bring the wife to the UK before the old march 29th deadline and booked a short trip about two weeks ago. We turned up by car on march 25 at the border in Calais, submitted her eu ID card, passport, copy of marriage certificate. It did take some haggling and we lost about 2 hours as immigration officials falsely claimed we needed a family permit, but in the end we could go through. I had also printed out the documents attached which I had annexed to the marriage certificate.

:stir: Image
Had exactly the same problem. Immigration claimed it was not a section 10 resdience card but one given to foreigners just for the country concerned. Completley wrong. says on it all market access and the legal statement on it is a law relating to article 10. You must be married, brits will not accept just co habiting without eea famiy card. We have that in writing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic