Grab not honouring their Rewards

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Grab not honouring their Rewards

Post by Doc67 »

Has anyone else noticed that Grab have not been honouring their rewards?

They have had a constantly repeating "3000" offer, whereby any ride up to 4KM will be charged at only 3000 Riel, up to 5 rides a day. It worked fine for a long time but recently it has only been giving me 1 ride per day and thereafter saying my "discount has been fully used up", but yesterday it gave me none!

I complained and got a email back saying they are looking into it. I just tried to book a second ride today using the offer and now it seems to work.

Anyone had a similar experience? Are they starting to get a bit slippery and seeing who notices or bothers to complain?

Or have I become a world class cheapskate for getting upset about a 1000 riel discount?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Grab not honouring their Rewards

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 pm Or have I become a world class cheapskate for getting upset about a 1000 riel discount?
^ This
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 pm Has anyone else noticed that Grab have not been honouring their rewards?

They have had a constantly repeating "3000" offer, whereby any ride up to 4KM will be charged at only 3000 Riel, up to 5 rides a day. It worked fine for a long time but recently it has only been giving me 1 ride per day and thereafter saying my "discount has been fully used up", but yesterday it gave me none!

I complained and got a email back saying they are looking into it. I just tried to book a second ride today using the offer and now it seems to work.

Anyone had a similar experience? Are they starting to get a bit slippery and seeing who notices or bothers to complain?

Or have I become a world class cheapskate for getting upset about a 1000 riel discount?
I asked Grab about this (the same thing happens with their JG40 and BIG20 promotions as well as the 3000 and 5000 promotions (btw Rewards are a different thing and they are being honoured).
They told me there is a total available each day for all of their customers. Once that total is used up, no more can be used until midnight. That explains why it is easy to use the promotions in the early hours and in the mornings and nigh impossible in the evenings.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

The promotions have validity periods. They had a ton of promotions/discounts in March, but I haven't seen any promotions for April yet.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 pm Has anyone else noticed that Grab have not been honouring their rewards?

I asked Grab about this (the same thing happens with their JG40 and BIG20 promotions as well as the 3000 and 5000 promotions (btw Rewards are a different thing and they are being honoured).
They told me there is a total available each day for all of their customers. Once that total is used up, no more can be used until midnight. That explains why it is easy to use the promotions in the early hours and in the mornings and nigh impossible in the evenings.
Yes, I mixed up the Rewards and Promotions distinction.

That seems to explain it. On their promotion it does say at the bottom under T&C, "Limited redemptions per day". So that means first come first served. It seems to be all over by 6pm.

Thanks Armchair Lawyer...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic