Mr Butterfly 136

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Last Word
Expatriate
Laos

Mr Butterfly 136

Post by The Last Word »

So it's true Mr Butterfly's is closing and turning into a Mart like wtf??
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Mr Butterfly 136

Post by logos »

Yes. Same staff, cheaper drinks.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

will they pad the bill also ??
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

No loss really, it's a dump.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

logos wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 pm Yes. Same staff, cheaper drinks.
Career change for the bar girls to make them respectable? :please: :dm:
The Last Word
Expatriate
Laos

Post by The Last Word »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:40 am No loss really, it's a dump.
and i wonder whats not a dump for you?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The Last Word wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am
Air Con inside that makes a difference, fans that make a difference both indoors and outdoors, clean comfortable seating (not broken plastic seats on rusty metals frames with rusty sharp bits just waiting to gouge you and/or rip your clothing), a bar area that gets cleaned regularly, clean toilets with soap and paper towels, decent staff and service, decent beer at $1 or thereabouts, good food.

Larry's, for example, ticks all those boxes, many others come close enough such as Cadillac which has 75c beer too. Both have a regular clientele as a result.

Mr Butterfly fails all those tests, hence my giving it the "dump" rating. Good riddance to it...

Many of the outdoor bars on 136 fail most of those tests too. They are in a prime position and most are a fucking disgrace to the city. Mr Butterfly will not be the last of them to close.
The Last Word
Expatriate
Laos

Post by The Last Word »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:47 am
Air Con inside that makes a difference, fans that make a difference both indoors and outdoors, clean comfortable seating (not broken plastic seats on rusty metals frames with rusty sharp bits just waiting to gouge you and/or rip your clothing), a bar area that gets cleaned regularly, clean toilets with soap and paper towels, decent staff and service, decent beer at $1 or thereabouts, good food.

Larry's, for example, ticks all those boxes, many others come close enough such as Cadillac which has 75c beer too. Both have a regular clientele as a result.

Mr Butterfly fails all those tests, hence my giving it the "dump" rating. Good riddance to it...

Many of the outdoor bars on 136 fail most of those tests too. They are in a prime position and most are a fucking disgrace to the city. Mr Butterfly will not be the last of them to close.
You do realise butterflys is not a restaurant??
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

When I first went into Madam Butterfly soon after it opened, I got the impression they were only half way thru fitting it out. Bare concrete floor, spindly looking metal bar stools and the main bar itself pretty spartan and low rent with cheap fittings. On subsequent visits, nothing changed so that was the extent of the fit out. thumbdown

Mr Butterfly across the road is similar. No surprise really coz same owner incl 69 and Candy all pretty crappy standard if you compare to other bars in the street and the barang run bar group on 130 aka Dragonfly, Honeypot, Angry Birds et al.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The Last Word wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:47 am

You do realise butterflys is not a restaurant??
Fair point, but it still fails on the good food metric due to lack of effort!
Even if they did sell food, would anyone seriously eat there? Maybe the guy who went for a swim in the canal perhaps...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic