Indonesian Nabbed at Border with Meth Disguised as Coffee

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Indonesian Nabbed at Border with Meth Disguised as Coffee

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Steung Treng, Cambodia News: Customs police arrested a 43-year-old Indonesian man, NURUL FADLI EKO PUTRO, for drug trafficking on March 31, 2019, at 12:40 pm, at the Tropeang Kreal immigration border, Stueng Treng district.

The police searched the suspect and found some suspicious crystal white powder in the packets of coffee and a box of toys. A later examination revealed the substance to be methamphetamine.
The Indonesian man is being detained by Steung Treng police authorities for drug trafficking.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Indonesian Nabbed at Border with Meth Disguised as Coffee

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

That's a shitload of coffee.
Indonesia produces some of the finest coffees, and a lot. Not sure Cambodia does.
Indonesia produces a lot of meth too now.
And as there is no direct Indo-Khmer flight, he must have gone through Malaysia or Singapor or Vietnam customs, which are tighter.

What a silly plan. Not sure on which country best to get caught for him. He should have spend all the stash on booze and fine hookers, get the best restaurant & hotel, and go home.

But not.

I assume there was a lack of fine hookers.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:54 am That's a shitload of coffee.
Indonesia produces some of the finest coffees, and a lot. Not sure Cambodia does.
And as there is no direct Indo-Khmer flight, he must have gone through Malaysia or Singapor or Vietnam customs, which are tighter.

What a silly plan. Not sure on which country best to get caught for him. He should have spend all the stash on booze and fine hookers, get the best restaurant & hotel, and go home.
You seem to be getting carried away with the fact that he is Indonesian. He was bringing narcotics from Laos into Cambodia, that's a very well known smuggling route. The drugs are likely from Myanmar, Laos or China.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Yeah, i feel closer to them more than any other asian country.
In this case, sure, plenty of scenarios. Maybe just taking from Laos and delivering anywhere in Cambodia only. Or further away later on....
What a poorly planned shit move. Beiing Indonesian when jailed abroad doesn't help.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE: Appeals Denied
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On March 30, 2022, the Supreme Court confirmed the conviction of Nurul Fadli Putro, a 43-year-old Indonesian man, and sentenced him to life imprisonment for trafficking over 5kgs of Pyrovalerone* and Dopamine** that were packed in 44 bags.
Prior to this verdict, the convicted drug dealer was trialed, sentenced to life, and fined 100 million riels, and he received the same outcome at the Court of Appeal. He then continued pursuing his appeal at the Supreme Court where his sentencing remained unchanged.

The Indonesian drug smuggler was originally arrested at the Cambodia and Laos international border in Komphan village, Sangkat Samaki, Steung Treng city, Steung Treng province on March 31, 2019.

*Pyrovalerone (Centroton, Thymergix) is a stimulant drug.
https://www.chemeurope.com/en/encyclope ... erone.html

**Dopamine Injection
Generic name: dopamine (injection)
Brand names: Intropin
Drug class: Catecholamines, Inotropic agents, Vasopressors
https://www.drugs.com/dopamine.html#

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

That was no April fool's day for that guy. I wonder what was the destination of the drugs, or because of the strength was they intended to be an ingredient for meth.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:54 am That's a shitload of coffee.

But not.

I assume there was a lack of fine hookers.
20/20
If he had got through, which is usually the case on previous trips, it could have been "I nearly aborted and spent all the stash on... Thank fuck I didn't take the advise that would have been posted on a forum, had I been caught."
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:44 am That was no April fool's day for that guy. I wonder what was the destination of the drugs, or because of the strength was they intended to be an ingredient for meth.
Or replaced with/as, whatever has higher value.

If I was appealing life, I wouldn't be digging up defence, I'd be digging under de fence.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:44 am That was no April fool's day for that guy. I wonder what was the destination of the drugs, or because of the strength was they intended to be an ingredient for meth.
Yeah it was...he was the fool!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic