White's to become minority.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: White's to become minority.

Post by RickyBobby »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:33 am RickyBobby when you state "This seems to be liberal modus operandi, which is to attack the character or behavior of the person (ad hominim) instead of unpacking the message on its merits. ", surely you are not suggesting the President ( master of ad hominem attacks ) is a liberal are you?
Oh the irony. Do you see what you've done here? :P

And what president? Not my president.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:24 am
Multipox wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 am ....
If I am not mistaken trump received fewer votes than Clinton. I would hardly consider 25.7% of the eligible voters in the USA backing a candidate a landslide.
That's happened with a few presidents, like Kennedy.
It's because is elected by the Elector College not by popular majority.
This keeps the country from being run by just 2 or 3 of the most populous states.
I am well aware of the electoral process if you come from a small or sparsely populated state your vote is given more weight than if you come from a heavily populated state. Hardly a beacon of democracy, some votes are worth more than others. It is the system we have, but it still doesn't t make 25.7% of the eligible voters a landslide victory. trump won, it's true but no need to embellish it Next it will be he is President because God wanted him to be, oops already claimed
Trump will win 2020 by a landslide, and you wont have the same complaint. The system is what it is, and both sides know the arrangement and had to play by the rules to win. If Clinton had wanted to win, she needed to win in certain states; the ones Trump focused on strategically.

Its lame to complain about how he won. He won, fair and square. Even the Dems don't want to change the rules.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:36 am
If I am not mistaken trump received fewer votes than Clinton. I would hardly consider 25.7% of the eligible voters in the USA backing a candidate a landslide.
This keeps the country from being run by just 2 or 3 of the most populous states.
I am well aware of the electoral process if you come from a small or sparsely populated state your vote is given more weight than if you come from a heavily populated state. Hardly a beacon of democracy, some votes are worth more than others. It is the system we have, but it still doesn't t make 25.7% of the eligible voters a landslide victory. trump won, it's true but no need to embellish it Next it will be he is President because God wanted him to be, oops already claimed
Trump will win 2020 by a landslide, and you wont have the same complaint. The system is what it is, and both sides know the arrangement and had to play by the rules to win. If Clinton had wanted to win, she needed to win in certain states; the ones Trump focused on strategically.

Its lame to complain about how he won. He won, fair and square. Even the Dems don't want to change the rules.
You misinterpret my post RickyBobby. It is the system that is in place, I accept it and everyone knew the rules before the election. Trump won the electoral college, I accept the win. Is it right that a vote from New York is weighted less than a vote from Ohio? Not if you are from New York but I would imagine those in Ohio feel it is just. As to ad hominem attacks being a practice of the left, no president has ever stooped as low as the current president when it comes to personal attacks on his opponents be they GOP or Democrat. While I may not agree with some of what you post, I know you to be worthy of discourse with, polite and intelligent. I just feel landslide is a bit rich for a term to characterize the victory and consider trump not to be a liberal and yet he is the king of personal putdowns. www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/ ... sults.html I attach a somewhat dated list of the 567 places, things aand people the president has insulted on twitter for your perusal.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:56 am
RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:36 am

You misinterpret my post RickyBobby. It is the system that is in place, I accept it and everyone knew the rules before the election. Trump won the electoral college, I accept the win. Is it right that a vote from New York is weighted less than a vote from Ohio? Not if you are from New York but I would imagine those in Ohio feel it is just. As to ad hominem attacks being a practice of the left, no president has ever stooped as low as the current president when it comes to personal attacks on his opponents be they GOP or Democrat. While I may not agree with some of what you post, I know you to be worthy of discourse with, polite and intelligent. I just feel landslide is a bit rich for a term to characterize the victory and consider trump not to be a liberal and yet he is the king of personal putdowns. www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/ ... sults.html I attach a somewhat dated list of the 567 places, things aand people the president has insulted on twitter for your perusal.
Sincere appreciation and respect for your post. It's incredible that while we do not share the same politics, you can respond so well. I wish more of the world could follow your example.

As for the rest, I form my opinions by listening directly to the source. I have no need or desire to hear someone else's take on the President or anyone else. It was the same way when I taught High-school. I never wanted to pull a students file, I preferred to analyze them and make my own determination based upon their merits in front of me.

I do not see it fruitful to debate you line for line, I respect your position: I hear you, I see you. Like many supporters of Trump, we know he is not perfect but from where we stood, the alternatives were reprehensible and could not be supported.

I think I 'get' Trump, and in some ways we are alike. Some people love us and some people hate us, we just rub some people the wrong way but we are true to ourselves and believe in what we are doing; as the best course of action.

I loved his show and had his books far before he was ever president. As weird as it sounds to say it, they were wildly successful so I am not alone. You either 'get'' Trump or you don't.

Thanks again for the Respectful Dialogue. It means a lot to me and it is enjoyable.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:20 am Yes, I see white, you see black. We will never agree, but I appreciate the civil discourse.
**I shortened the post because it became insanely long**

I think people beginning to think for themselves is something that has been lacking in the West, at least in my opinion. It has a lot to do with the school system, which largely punishes creative thinking and the methods for coming to an answer rather than straight obedience. So I do think that is a good thing that is occurring in what I will say is in spite of these people.

I also agree with forgiving someone, but only if they are repentant, which is why I have serious issues with Molyneux as a role model. He'll go on free speech tours and actively censor his audience. He'll champion the anarchist's flag and drop it the moment Donald Trump becomes a thing. He proclaims himself to be a philosopher and can not name the most basic terms in philosophy. And whenever people call him out, he throws a hissy fit and tosses a bunch of ad homs and non sequiturs and pretends he's won the debate like a pigeon stomping on the chess board.

And I'm sorry, but there is a point where I think you have to draw then line with someone's character.

And the right also has it's share of ad homs it likes to sling too. Libtard, leftist snowflake, beta male, cuck, soy boy, etc. I find it somewhat amusing but a little frustrating though, because so many people in the social discourse area just want throw bombs at each other rather than talk, and that's a major problem.

My issue with Faith isn't that she is good looking, it's that she exploits those looks while using the "I'm a good Catholic girl" image. Making videos about what Christian girls should and shouldn't wear, and then sporting low cut tops, push up bras and tight fitting shirts, which admittedly is very nice to look at...but a bit hypocritical to me. Lauren Southern never claims to be that good church girl, so her skimpy outfits don't bother me, but then again I don't think she's nearly as attractive as Faith so...

But anyway, Lauren's work, I watched her documentary and her youtube videos, but I think she's way off the mark with her work. Quick example, she cites wikipedia pages as "scientific studies" which is a major fail in academia (real academia, not university indoctrination). It's ironic given she's criticizing academia and fails to meet up to academic standards in making that criticism, but I'll put that down to being young.

Lauren however is the only one I have some respect for because she puts her money where her mouth is. She talks about immigration as a problem, and then goes to make a documentary about it. Molyneux on the other hand makes videos about issues, and then does nothing but beg for money afterwards to "change the world". Same message for 10 years now, change the world, donate donate donate.

As for JP, again we can agree to disagree here, but I can't get behind someone when they're conduct is amoral. Any clinical psychiatrist can tell you that those people who talk the best talk are charismatic psychopaths, so in my opinion it's extremely important to look at the actions of one person before you listen to what they say.

Probably a trigger point for you since his name is overused, but Hitler talked a really good talk during the 1930s in Germany. By 1945, I don't think anyone cared what his message was. By the way, I'm not saying JP is Hitler, I'm saying in general that talk is cheap, and being the best talker holds little value in my opinion, which is again why I have some respect for Lauren Southern despite I think she's wrong.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

The origins of homo sapiens lie in Africa and a DNA test would reveal that in our past there has been quite a lot of mixing already.

Would be nice to focus on what we have in common and move away from differences in appearances. I also believe that it's nurture over nature any day.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

has anybody actually seen trumps birth certificate ? :stir:

Charlie
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

tightenupvolume1 wrote:has anybody actually seen trumps birth certificate ?

Do you honestly believe he was born in Kenya, sir?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:14 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote:has anybody actually seen trumps birth certificate ?

Do you honestly believe he was born in Kenya, sir?
Why, do you suspect he's spreading his toxic seed? :whip:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I was being sarcastic :sorry:

Charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic