Making Money Online.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Making Money Online.

Post by fax »

The online competition is getting tougher. I've seen rapid increase of Filipinos and Indonesians competing with low salary expectations.

Aim for upper management or prepare to be redundant within 5 years. They're coming and they want what you have.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

^^ Also competition from algorithms, AI and censorship/de-platforming etc for "wrong think."

Also, the EU and their Article 13 just killed the internet for content creators...
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

fax wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:44 am The online competition is getting tougher. I've seen rapid increase of Filipinos and Indonesians competing with low salary expectations.

Aim for upper management or prepare to be redundant within 5 years. They're coming and they want what you have.
The situation with the company I'm working for seems to be pretty much the opposite of this. We have offices in a lot of countries but they are offering remote work for a lot of positions because recruitment in the industry is highly competitive and the only way to get the best staff is to let them work from where they want. The staff on the lower end of the scale are the ones who are expected to work from offices and have less autonomy in how they get shit done.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

How many Polish and Ukrainians? I see them more than any other whites.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

fax wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:41 am How many Polish and Ukrainians? I see them more than any other whites.
Weird question and weird way of phrasing it. What are you talking about? Again, if you are working online for a reputable company in a skilled position, it won't matter where you are from or where you live (aside from perhaps being asked to work hours that suit specific time zones).
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Sounds vague like a Business Week article I read a a while back.

International corporations were relocating their factories from the Shanghai/Guandong area out west towards Yunnan/Kunming.

The CEOs were complaining about the lack of high powered management talent in the Chinese hinterlands that was making recruiting difficult for them. So difficult that it was impeding corporate growth. Not that the companies were willing to pay to relocate their high powered management out to there.

Nope. They wanted to pay hinterland wages but get top Shanghai talent.

Or better yet, pay hinterland wages and get graduates of the top management schools in the West who spoke perfect Chinese and were happy relocate and start immediately.

I believe the article was the titled the challenges of doing business in mainland China.

Anyways, good luck on all the job seekers out there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic