How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Re: How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

Post by B1.Barang »

reggie perrin's dad wrote:
B1.Barang wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Phnom Poon wrote:Attendance 80%
Listening 12/20

Work on those
It is the top score of listening and the best attendance in my class.
However I failed my writing but I am the the top student in my class. Claps! Anyway the highest score in writing is 10
Thanks for your advise!

Based on your writing abilty here, and that score in an intermediate level, I would say whoever graded your writing paper has been a bit hard on you.
You are so right, my teacher spent longer time on my paper than others student paper work. I got the result later than everyone else. But my idea is very wise in writing. Wise in making teacher get headache hehe( joke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

Post by pczz »

Practise. I can get by in French but it takes me a week of being there before it makes any sense. If you practice chatting online for 10 minutes a day it will keep it in your mind.
try and larn 10 new words every day.
try and think in the language, not think in your language and translate.Whn you use a language enough you will find yourself thinking in it anyway, but ti takes a lot of practice to burn it into your brain. Its like learning a skill like carpentry, the more you do it the easier it gets
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic