Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Post by TOG »

YORKIE wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:56 pm This must never be forgotten. We are where we are because of Tory civil wars not because the country was " thirsting for freedom "
LEAST WE FORGET.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

TOG wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 pm
YORKIE wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:25 pm " Where do I get my information from ? ". It was written on the side of a BIG, BIG RED bus !!. Please explain why your hero Jacob Rees Mogg, who is after all a back bencher- get to be so influential on the course of the future of my Country ?. Could it be The BBC is responsible for this sorry situation. Dozen's of appearances on------ Have I Got News For You.-------- BBC Question Time.------- BBC Newsnight, definitely turned him into a cult. ( C~~t ). :D :D
You really need to get a life Yorkie. This whole episode is turning you into a train wreck.

None of your information comes from credible sources, the only thing I have ever said about Rees-Mogg is that he is intelligent, articulate but also can be taken as as toff.

I know that you are dyed in the wool Labour and even if the devil incarnate was the Labour leader you would still vote for them, but you really need to look at all of the sides of the issue instead of just one.

Interestingly enough (but I know that your eyes are closed), when the EU budget was set in 2013 for the 2014-2020 period (1% of gross income), the UK's average contribution was worked out at around £20 Billion per year. After the rebate that comes to just under £350 million per week.

I know that all of this is confusing for you but try to see the facts and not the fiction. All of these figures are taken from your favourite Guardian newspaper over the years. I try to take a balanced view and use official figures from the BoS, the HoC and Eurostat rather than politically biased newspapers and broadcasts.
Yet again more misleading information from TOG.

In 2017 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.

Each year the UK gets a discount on its contributions to the EU—the ‘rebate’—worth about £5.6 billion last year. Without it the UK would have been liable for £18.6 billion in contributions.

£18.6 billion is what we would pay into the EU budget, but we get a discount known as a rebate of £5.6 billion. So £13 billion is what we actually pay into the EU as a 'membership fee'. However, we also get money coming back. In 2017 the EU spent £4 billion on the UK public sector.

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-memb ... 5-million/
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

hburns wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:15 pm
Burnsy, you are getting tedious with your half hearted replies based on a knee jerk reaction rather than research. Do what I did and read back through the HoC diaries, the BoS files and of course Eurostat. All you are doing is quoting a single year from one source.

I know you admitted you do not read all of the posts but at least try to understand the ones you do.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

TOG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 pm
hburns wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:15 pm
Burnsy, you are getting tedious with your half hearted replies based on a knee jerk reaction rather than research. Do what I did and read back through the HoC diaries, the BoS files and of course Eurostat. All you are doing is quoting a single year from one source.

I know you admitted you do not read all of the posts but at least try to understand the ones you do.
The only source I see which backs up your £350 million a week is a big red bus. This was a lie as we all know. After you take into account the rebate and money the EU pays into the UK the figure is nowhere near this £350 million per week. Not to mention the economic benefits the UK gets as being part of the EU.

Maybe you can explain how you came about your figure.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

hburns wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:49 pm The only source I see which backs up your £350 million a week is a big red bus. This was a lie as we all know. After you take into account the rebate and money the EU pays into the UK the figure is nowhere near this £350 million per week. Not to mention the economic benefits the UK gets as being part of the EU.

Maybe you can explain how you came about your figure.
I don't have to explain anything as the £350 million is not my figure. It was Yorkie who brought the subject up. All I did was to quote some EU figures that could have been the cause of it.

Perhaps you would like to spend a little time and go back through the posts and show me anywhere that I have quoted the £350 million.

Oh yes I forgot...Someone wrote......"TOG, I'm not going to read through all your posts."

You cannot be bothered to check out previous posts, you just write the first thing that comes into your mind regardless of the facts.

You really need to keep up with the program.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

So you can't. That's all I wanted. Thank you for admitting to spreading lies.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Peeps are probably asking for a refund... Hahaha... What a mess :facepalm: :facepalm:

Someones going to make a killing out of this mess
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Looks as though we are heading for a general election and probably another vote. Which, as all the leave voters are 3 years older (or dead) and there is another 3 years worth of remain voters now old enough it can surely only go one way.

Either that or a customs union.

No wonder all the brexiteers are so afraid of a second vote
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

hburns wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:20 pm So you can't. That's all I wanted. Thank you for admitting to spreading lies.
Get your facts right before you post. I have never said that £350 million pounds would be spent on the NHS. That was Yorkies post about the big red bus.

Burnsy,

I could not describe you any better than in the immortal words of Tony Captsick "You great useless spawny-eyed parrot-faced wazzock"

Note to Mods:- This is sarcastic humour aimed at someone who constantly accuses others of statements they never made and admits he does not bother to read posts.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 pm Looks as though we are heading for a general election and probably another vote. Which, as all the leave voters are 3 years older (or dead) and there is another 3 years worth of remain voters now old enough it can surely only go one way.

Either that or a customs union.

No wonder all the brexiteers are so afraid of a second vote
No point for another vote.. itll be a repeat cycle of voting if they head this route.

They made their bed, time to tighten the belt and live with it haha
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic