Boeing 737 max - 2.plane down

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Re: Boeing 737 max - 2.plane down

Post by kaputt »

For all of those that are too tired to read - the current situation explained and commented on Video here:

I agree with this commentator:
Karl Mauk
1 day ago
I will not get on a 737 MAX even after issues are arguably fixed and they are permitted to fly again. I simply don’t trust a “safe” plane that after two fatal crashes needs to be made “safer”. Is safer more than safe? Does it not mean it is still not safe but a bit safer? I am of the opinion that a plane with a design flaw so grave that it needs to be corrected by a trimming software cannot really be safe even if it has been made “safer”.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

kaputt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 pm For all of those that are too tired to read - the current situation explained and commented on Video here:

I agree with this commentator:
Karl Mauk
1 day ago
I will not get on a 737 MAX even after issues are arguably fixed and they are permitted to fly again. I simply don’t trust a “safe” plane that after two fatal crashes needs to be made “safer”. Is safer more than safe? Does it not mean it is still not safe but a bit safer? I am of the opinion that a plane with a design flaw so grave that it needs to be corrected by a trimming software cannot really be safe even if it has been made “safer”.
"I will not get on a 737 MAX even after issues are arguably fixed and they are permitted to fly again" Er they were permitted to fly before and look what happened! by all accounts the issue is that Trumpy or some other idiot in the Anerican government got given a nice fat bribe to let Boing self certificate the safety tests instead of the government safety insoectors doing it and Boing supressed issues reported by flight crew. America First, doesnt matter how many die as lonjg as the stock market does well. Who needs coral, bring on the coal mines
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

Inside the Boeing 737 max 8 plane Simulator

Ok, i know you'll fix this Boeing because you also have no alternative or shut business altogether. That won't happen.

Too little competition and too many orders make passengers, pilots and stewardesses guinea pigs on the new patches.

I for myself just cancelled a Malaysia Airline flight from Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur on a 737-800 which is not the 737 max 8 but equally risky in my opinion. FlyEgypt had to do an emergency landing just a short while ago with the 737-800 on its flight from Egypt to Graz in Austria because of an explosion in the back of the plane and the fact that the pilots hardly kept the plane in the air. The symptoms were clearly similar to the two crashes of the 737-max 8 but almost totally ignored by the media.
I will also abstain from flying a 787 Dreamliner (which i flew several times in the past 12 month) and will not step inside the new 777 either. I completely lost faith in the Quality Boeing delivers. Their aim seems to please shareholders but my life is more important to me than a few bucks more on the back of several hundred dead people used as quinea pigs.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

kaputt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:46 pm Inside the Boeing 737 max 8 plane Simulator

Ok, i know you'll fix this Boeing because you also have no alternative or shut business altogether. That won't happen.

Too little competition and too many orders make passengers, pilots and stewardesses guinea pigs on the new patches.

I for myself just cancelled a Malaysia Airline flight from Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur on a 737-800 which is not the 737 max 8 but equally risky in my opinion. FlyEgypt had to do an emergency landing just a short while ago with the 737-800 on its flight from Egypt to Graz in Austria because of an explosion in the back of the plane and the fact that the pilots hardly kept the plane in the air. The symptoms were clearly similar to the two crashes of the 737-max 8 but almost totally ignored by the media.
I will also abstain from flying a 787 Dreamliner (which i flew several times in the past 12 month) and will not step inside the new 777 either. I completely lost faith in the Quality Boeing delivers. Their aim seems to please shareholders but my life is more important to me than a few bucks more on the back of several hundred dead people used as quinea pigs.
Still posting utter garbage, I see. Please enlighten me as to what is so bloody risky about the -800, in your opinion.
Much of what you claim about the technical aspects seems to be based on youtube type 'experts'. flight simmers, etc, who profess lots of knowledge without actually referring to or having access to actual data. Just their own interpretation of the facts.

In one of the newspaper reports that you quoted early on, the editorial effort had dumbed the technical details down such that the lowest common denominator of laymen might start to appreciate what was being explained. Sadly, they got some details wrong, and that simply goes on to mire the whole thing in half baked ideas and what can largely be described as bollocks.

So please, Stop talking bollocks. Do a little research, aim to learn something about the subject, and then write from a properly informed position. It's not gone unnoticed that like the laziest of reporters for the rather mediocre tabloids, you fail to answer any challenge on the crap you write. It's like watching one of those dreadful, cheap made for tv dramas; embellishing the events because they don't really understand how dramatic the facts really were.
People like you crawl out of the woodwork whenever some tragedy occurs like this, and instead of uncovering or reporting on the facts, they report their own heavily biased and often plagiarised opinions as if its gospel. Sadly, there are plenty of weak minds who will lap it all up in the same way that they get engrossed in their favourite soaps, failing to separate fact from fiction.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that your continuing anti-American sentiment is linked to the flag you have selected in your profile. However, what you are doing amounts to a major disservice to the victims of these two tragic events.

The only saving grace from your position as you express it is that you will remove any chance that I'd have to suffer your presence on a flight that I might be on.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

The 737 max crashes - the technical details

https://graphics.reuters.com/ETHIOPIA-A ... index.html

Meanwhile the first lawsuit of one of the crashed airliners (157 dead) was filed by Ethiopian Airline on Thursday March 28.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethi ... SKCN1R92I1
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

The most racist claim i ever heard and it concerns Boeing as a Company

This is not my personal view and never will be.

Just because someone has a better suntan than you does not make him/her inferior. The Problem is that Boeing certainly has a Quality Problem but that is in my opinion a matter of too much greed, too many orders and share holders not giving a damn about a few planes falling apart leaving nearly 400 people dead. They (shareholders) actually seem to cheer it and wait for buying new Boeing stocks when the rock bottom of Boeing shares is reached. Meanwhile cost cutting measures are still in place and perhaps even thightened. What a sick world !

https://www.investorvillage.com/groups. ... d=19234887
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

The most racist claim i ever heard and it concerns Boeing as a Company

This is not my personal view and never will be.

Just because someone has a better suntan than you does not make him/her inferior. The Problem is that Boeing certainly has a Quality Problem but that is in my opinion a matter of too much greed, too many orders and share holders not giving a damn about a few planes falling apart leaving nearly 400 people dead. They (shareholders) actually seem to cheer it and wait for buying new Boeing stocks when the rock bottom of Boeing shares is reached. Meanwhile cost cutting measures are still in place and perhaps even thightened. What a sick world !

https://www.investorvillage.com/groups. ... d=19234887
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

With Boeing creating the biggest "new plane" scrap yard in the history, the competition is not far behind.

The Russian's catching up: Third prototype of Irkut MC-21 completed a ninety-minute test flight with success.

The Russian manufacturer also plans to start serial production later this year.

The plane is powered by two Russian-made Aviadvigatel PD-14 engines, but the PW1400G from the American manufacturer Pratt & Whitney will be offered as an option. The aircraft will be significantly cheaper than the Airbus A320neo and Boeing 737 MAX according to the Russian aircraft manufacturer.

https://airlinerwatch.com/third-prototy ... takes-off/
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Planes falling apart, are they? Once again, creating a story from flawed information.
Talk about a sick world when there are muppets getting air time without qualifying their claims.

It does not really surprise me that the big issues facing many flight crew rarely get the same level of exposure; these are concepts and problems that clearly are too difficult for the opportunist to comprehend.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

Boeing made a bad story worse !

Experts say Boeing has made a bad story far worse by a crisis-management strategy that seemed to emphasize legal positioning and blame-shifting rather than the lives of the victims and the concerns of future passengers.

That attitude was on display within hours of the Oct. 29 crash of Lion Air, when Boeing’s initial response was “to point the finger at the pilots and to deny even the possibility that there was anything wrong with the airplane,” said Scott Hamilton, a Seattle-area industry analyst and publisher of Leeham News and Analysis. “That was incredibly bad form, and they got a lot of blow back from that.”

Consumers may suddenly care as much about the type of aircraft they’re flying as they do about the price of the ticket.

“They’re going to ask,” the airline executive said. “They’re probably going to ask for a long time, ‘Am I on a MAX?'”

Much more likely they will now check/ask what kind of plane they're supposed to be on and than decide to book or NOT. Kayak.com a popular flight booking site announced they will filter out all Boeing max flights on their website.
If this scenario becomes reality Boeing can scrap all Boeing max Planes and dump them in the Mojave Desert.This Plane Model accounts for 1/3 of Boeings turnover and if none of this model is allowed to fly anymore at all the financial beating could ruin the company and/or..... the tax payers pocket !

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/b ... -and-slow/

Airline's are already taking the beating.
First out was Norwegian air, followed by garuda cancelling orders, Vietnamese Airline switched to order 26 Airbus instead, Southwest Airline reporting more than 120 million USD loss and now Europe's biggest Travel Giant TUI reporting that the grounding cost 225 million USD. This is going to be Boeings make/break point with lot's of more claims coming in by the day.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/t ... 5-million/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic