Gregory Michael Blake

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Gregory Michael Blake

Post by explorer »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:31 pm
explorer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 pm You should not expect people to post personal details they dont want to share.
People shouldn't go online and publicly accuse others of criminal acts without providing any details. It's bad form.
Do you really not know, or are you just trying to be smart?

1. To warn anybody he might try to scam in the future.

2. To invite anyone else who has been scammed to join her and pursue legal action together.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

explorer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Do you really not know, or are you just trying to be smart?

1. To warn anybody he might try to scam in the future.

2. To invite anyone else who has been scammed to join her and pursue legal action together.
Wouldn't giving details about how the "scam" worked provide a better warning to anybody he might try to scam in the future?

"A guy named Bob's gonna try to kill you."
"Oh my God! How?"
"I'm not comfortable saying."
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Thanks Michelle - I might need your help with evidence if I can get him to court. J
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Would love a coffee. Let me know when you're free. J
Michelle
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Cam is free to put Greg's name into Google and see what else other people say he's done - all, of course, allegations, not convictions, since he's successfully hidden from the justice system for years - but asking people to post personal details about their finances and ways they've been violated is unseemly and weird. If Greg gets dragged into any kind of Cambodian court either for financial fraud or for making death threats, that increases the possibility that the Australian police might actually be willing to pick him up and take him to Australia to face prosecution for the much more serious crimes he's committed against people there and elsewhere in the world. At least, that's what I'd hope. JJY ought to go after him on absolutely anything that could stick, and good luck. I'm sure there are plenty of other downtrodden con artists for Cam to come to the defense of if this one gets booked.
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

I have now been given police protection from this man as he turned up 'with two people to take me out' I don't care how much this costs me but he is a shit and has done so many scams on people. I so look forward to seeing him in court in the next couple of weeks!
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

jjy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:09 am I have now been given police protection from this man as he turned up 'with two people to take me out' I don't care how much this costs me but he is a shit and has done so many scams on people. I so look forward to seeing him in court in the next couple of weeks!
Whoa, that's serious! What happened when he showed up . . . to take you out? Did you go out with him? Did he attack you?

Police in Cambodia don't 'give' police protection . . . but you can buy it hahaha.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Michelle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:14 pm Cam is free to put Greg's name into Google and see what else other people say he's done...I'm sure there are plenty of other downtrodden con artists for Cam to come to the defense of if this one gets booked.
Cam Nivag was the person who first brought attention to this case in 2015, you could do with upping your own Googling skills besides jumping to wrong conclusions. Nobody defended Blake, those were pertinent issues that he brought up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I want to know how the guy is scamming people. And I don't want to hear nonsense like "It's easy to scam honest people, they can't conceive of someone lying to them." I want to know how he is contacting his marks, what he is promising, etc.

It's possible someone could read the OP's detailed story and say "Hey, my friend said he just met a guy in the same bar who pitched a similar "investment" scenario, maybe that was Blake, I should warn my friend." Or "Wait, I met a woman in Phnom Penh last year who made similar promises to me and said I should meet her Australian husband."

Concealing all the facts and details about what Blake is up to helps no one but Blake.

It's also possible that Blake pitched jjy on an obvious unethical or criminal scheme and jjy went along with it as his accomplice and now is crying that Blake double crossed him. I don't know. Let's hear what happened.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Wasn't it investments in a non-existant private army he claimed to be building the last time?

I'm with Cam, why the hell is it so hard to say? Obviously putting people's names in Google isn't happening enough because this thread exists. If you share the information here then it will be bar talk over the weekend and people will know all about it. Up to you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic