Hard cider in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
MrSam
Expatriate
Great Britain

Hard cider in Phnom Penh

Post by MrSam »

Being Scottish we love to drink. That’s not a secret. :D :beer2: :beer3:

How common is cider (hard cider for our American cousins). Last time I was in PP I was quite happy with Anchor or some sort of lager.. but I do love a nice cider! For the life of me I can’t remember seeing any last time I was across
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Hard cider in Phnom Penh

Post by bittermelon »

Someone will know better than me but I think there's a brand that is made in Kampot now. Have seen it in many bars. Not crazy expensive- though a bit more than draught Anchor. The minimarts in the tourist area usually sell at least one brand of cider too.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kampot cider is good.

Brunty's pear is acceptable, apple goes well after much of something else but strawberry is absolute garbage.

Some places have Savanna dry which is nice.

I'd you can't find cider in Cambodia 2019 you're going to strange places. You should at least find Brunty's in most white face hangouts. The others are hit or miss.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Agreed, Brunty's (with the exception of Strawberry) os OK'ish as long as it is ice-cold.
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GUS »

We get a bunch of different (10+) ciders in Kampot. Newest addition is Hanoi cider, by far the best ciders I have tried in Asia.
MrSam
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrSam »

That’s brilliant. Sounds like I could be in luck!
I’ll give them a try
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
MrSam
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrSam »

Well, I have been here a day.. and found them all. But they definitely need to be ice cold! Sitting down riverside enjoying one right now! :Yahoo!: :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic