Siem Reap Korean Population

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
tcw57
Expatriate
United States of America

Siem Reap Korean Population

Post by tcw57 »

Would appreciate it if any of you who have been living in Siem Reap for a while could give me some information on the Korean population there. I know that many visit as tourists, but does SR have a sizeable Korean community? And, outside of restaurants, what types of businesses do Koreans operate there? In short, any information that comes to mind regarding Koreans would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Siem Reap Korean Population

Post by Sidewalker »

tcw57 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 pm Would appreciate it if any of you who have been living in Siem Reap for a while could give me some information on the Korean population there. I know that many visit as tourists, but does SR have a sizeable Korean community? And, outside of restaurants, what types of businesses do Koreans operate there? In short, any information that comes to mind regarding Koreans would be appreciated. Thanks!
I know they live here, but that's all. On Google I found this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/worl ... bodia.html
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

North Koreans or South Koreans or does it matter?
tcw57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tcw57 »

Sidewalker wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:59 pm
tcw57 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 pm Would appreciate it if any of you who have been living in Siem Reap for a while could give me some information on the Korean population there. I know that many visit as tourists, but does SR have a sizeable Korean community? And, outside of restaurants, what types of businesses do Koreans operate there? In short, any information that comes to mind regarding Koreans would be appreciated. Thanks!
I know they live here, but that's all. On Google I found this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/worl ... bodia.html
Greatly appreciate the info... Cheers!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic