Sky dive in cambodia ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Sky dive in cambodia ?

Post by LaudJohn »

fax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm "Kampong Channing"

Who doesn't know?

Yeah, auto correct on my phone is a bitch (which was itself auto corrected to butch but I picked that one up) It changes Chhanang and I don't notice it.

But it gives petty people something to post about so I guess it has its benefits.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

LaudJohn wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 pm
fax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm "Kampong Channing"

Who doesn't know?

Yeah, auto correct on my phone is a bitch (which was itself auto corrected to butch but I picked that one up) It changes Chhanang and I don't notice it.

But it gives petty people something to post about so I guess it has its benefits.
Relax, it was a Friday night joke. I know how phones work.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

LaudJohn wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Queef wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm
kennardihariyanto wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:10 am Hi everyone,
does anyone know if there's a place to skydive in cambodia ? and how much the cost ?
I wouldn't do that if I were you. It doesn't matter if the place is owned by a local or a western reject. It's cambodia. Don't do it. Think about your family.

If you ever travel to norcal, go to lodi. $100 flat. People have died there but it's not significant given the amount of jumps per day. Jumped twice and still alive
Shows how little you know about skydiving. By this I do not mean tandem jumping strapped to a jumpmaster but sport skydiving.

A DZ in a rural area like Kampong Channing which has a decent airfield and no light aircraft traffic would be pretty safe, so long as the plane is maintained. Skydivers pack their own chutes and reserves would have to be repacked elsewhere by riggers.

I will wager that your two whole jumps were strapped to someone in a tandem jump. No one skydives properly (jumping out alone and deploying their own chute in freefall) in their first few jumps, you go out on a static line (dope rope), which is parachuting not skydiving.

FWIW I was a skydiver in my 20's, with hundreds of jumps and my own gear.
Cool story bro. Tell me more about the difference between parachuting and skydiving. How was it like to pick up chicks as a skydiver in your 20s? I'm sure that was one of the first things you'd say to a defenseless lady.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Hi everyone,
does anyone know if there's a place to skydive in cambodia ?
"Does anyone know if there's good places to bin dive in Cambodia?" is a thread I want to see.
andy_morris
Expatriate

Post by andy_morris »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
Hi everyone,
does anyone know if there's a place to skydive in cambodia ?
"Does anyone know if there's good places to bin dive in Cambodia?" is a thread I want to see.
Stung meanchey! Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic