nice folding chairs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
curiosity
Expatriate
Netherlands

nice folding chairs

Post by curiosity »

Hi folks,

where in PP can I buy some nice (and stable) folding chairs?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: nice folding chairs

Post by John Bingham »

What kind do you mean? Metal/ Plastic all- weather style or wood? They make this style in the woodshops here which are quite comfortable and sturdy:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
curiosity
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by curiosity »

wow that wood chair looks lovely. so I just walk into any of these woodshops with all of those statues? How much would that chair cost?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bloody uncomfortable those wooden folding chairs, be sure if you decide to get those that you get cushions to go with them.

Folding camp chairs are great, don't really look good in the house though, but are perfect for when you're having people over for a bbq, handy for when heading out to the province as well. Usually come in a carry bag, oh and they even have stubbie holders.

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:46 pm Bloody uncomfortable those wooden folding chairs, be sure if you decide to get those that you get cushions to go with them.

Folding camp chairs are great, don't really look good in the house though, but are perfect for when you're having people over for a bbq, handy for when heading out to the province as well. Usually come in a carry bag, oh and they even have stubbie holders.

Home Top had these a while back, no idea if they still do.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ last time I was there they still had them, although at Home Top prices, you can also get at...

AFS (Australian Factory Seconds) https://www.google.com.kh/maps/place/Au ... 4279?hl=en

The Protector
St.271 next to PP Sports Club
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

curiosity wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:34 pm wow that wood chair looks lovely. so I just walk into any of these woodshops with all of those statues? How much would that chair cost?
I don't know how much they cost, I have three of them but I got them with a load of other wood furniture the previous tenant sold me. They are hard wood so probably $100 each or so? I don't find them uncomfortable but it helps to have a thin cushion on them.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

curiosity wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:34 pm I just walk into any of these woodshops....
I should have said that you could bring that picture around a few woodshops and some should know the pattern. You can see them sold on Alibaba as "Wooden Fishing Chairs", but likely with a lighter wood:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 11088.html
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Recently purchased a couple of good quality chromed folding chairs from:

Leeco Safe and Furniture
679 - 685 Monivong Boulevard at Corner of 360 Street.
Phnom Penh

OML
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic