Taipei Night market food

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Taipei Night market food

Post by newkidontheblock »

The final leg of the tour yesterday was a drop off at the famous Shiling night market. Unimpressive.

Found a seller for bachang.

Note as pitiful as the what yong has in Thailand, but small, over cooked, under fried rice, small meat portion, one water chestnut only, salty. Not the same as the one I remembered.

Another staple, oyster omelette. The oysters were a bit rubbery (not fresh), eggs were mixed with a lot of flour, and over all salty.

Stinky tofu. My first time. After frying with oyste sauce and some seasoning, cut up and eaten with wooden sticks. I liked it. Not as strong as durian. Missus found it to be too stinky.

Soup noodles. Small. Very little soup and meat, salty,

Finally, vegetable. With obligate girl added in.

Cooked with garlic. No flavor, extremely salty.

Most of food was in the basement B1 of the night market. Mostly disappointing. I’ve had better elsewhere.

Where is the famous night market food?
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Taipei Night market food

Post by Paulo »

The girl's lovely. Stop complaining about the food. You're lucky enough. LOL. Just ask the locals where they eat.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

They eat at that night market too. Forgot to ask which specific stalls they go to. Lots of stalls sell the same food.

After the market, missus was puking all night long. Went to NTU emergency in the morning. Got misdiagnosed. Rest of the day puking. Went to a clinic in the evening. Doc saw pharyngitis immediately.

IV drip and another prescription. If she doesn’t get better soon, we’ll miss the flight and be trapped in Taiwan.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I believe they just shut the snake market down but I drank fresh snake bile at the nightmarket in Taipei once. Not bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic