DRONE Delivery good or bad ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

DRONE Delivery good or bad ?

Post by kaputt »

DRONE DELIVERY hits hurdles in Australia

Perhaps most of us have yet to encounter DRONES in one form or another. The only ones i was faced with were geeks playing around and taking pics of people in their private enviroment. I found that it was an invasion into my privacy and wanted to shoot down this bloody noisy thing that was flashing 4 red lights. Here is what Aussie's plan after they had enough of Google's testing

Google has just completed a year-long test program for a drone delivery system in Australia – and has applied to launch the world's first commercial delivery drone operation this summer, Down Under. However, the locals aren't pleased.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/1 ... le_drones/

What do you think ?
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: DRONE Delivery good or bad ?

Post by Phnom Poon »

I believe the import tax is quite high

monstra mihi bona!
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

The story of the blood delivery drones of Rwanda is a fascinating one. It's an amazing use of technology; you should watch it if you have never heard of it before. You will be impressed.

oopsfermi
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by oopsfermi »

It will achieve the same fate as self-driving cars. Somebody will use it as a weapon against which there appears to be little or no defense.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I think it will happen. It is just a matter of when.

They need a very sophisticated system to stop collisions.

If people in one place are opposed. Google may go to another place and offer some benefits to the community, so they will accept it with open arms.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

All I can think of when I read about drone delivery systems, especially the one Amazon is proposing, is that I can see the catapult (slingshot) making a comeback.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I wouldn't mind pizzas being delivered to my 5th floor balcony.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic