Senator Anning Egged at Press Conference and Punches Teenager after comments on NZ shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Senator Anning Egged at Press Conference and Punches Teenager after comments on NZ shooting

Post by j57 »

i love all you punks who think the senator should just take the head slap with an egg in it....
as opposed to tossing an egg at a guy from across the room and he has some egg on his face..
funny how you deplore the senator's words and support the assault and run your yaps about the men who hold him down as this is some kind of neanderthal rugby auto reflex...
what a bunch of tough beta boys you are...
i sure wouldn't want any of you guarding my back..
it is safe to say that an assault is an assault...
just like a person killing Muslims is murder...
try blaming the person...
not the weapon..
try blaming the individual not another individual from another country who shares no commonalities..
all you white apologists have a shallow background in history to focus on a few places and a few hundred years of history...
i wonder if any of you experts even know what Siem Reap means?
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Senator Anning Egged at Press Conference and Punches Teenager after comments on NZ shooting

Post by Cricket99 »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:34 pm
Cricket99 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 pm
I just hate what that kid did, and wish I could have socked it to him too. Its about respect.
Too bad he didn't lose a few teeth.
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 pm
Sadly, I now need to also state my own opinion to be clear. I do not approve of violence of any kind and think what happened is abhorrent. I do however believe in freedom of speech, with words, not eggs.
Well, aren't you clever. Discipline is necessary for children who are disrespectful. If someone egged me, I would definitely lash out.

Violence? That's shooting up innocent people indiscriminately. These are two very different things. One is correction, the other is a travesty of misplaced rage and anger.

So far, I have stayed out of jail and without assault charges because while I would love to punch someones teeth out at times, I do not, because I do not believe in violence, and I do have self control. See? The statements do not contradict. Good try though.
violence
/ˈvʌɪəl(ə)ns/Submit
noun
behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
"violence erupted in protest marches"
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Cricket99 »

This is how a real man reacts to getting egged

jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Have to admit I'm surprised some people are actually supporting the daft kid, I thought he deserved a good couple of smacks which unfortunately he did not get

Something just wrong with people who think elected political members can be physically attacked by the public to be honest
k*rm*geddon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by k*rm*geddon »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm ... I respect people who are bold enough to speak their truth even when unpopular. There's enough PC politicians that pander to popular opinion.

Sadly, I now need to also state my own opinion to be clear. I do not approve of violence of any kind and think what happened is abhorrent. I do however believe in freedom of speech, with words, not eggs.
I had never heard of Anning before the ChCh killings.
But it would appear that much of the angst toward him really derives from a meme he put out in the aftermath ... the 'inconvenient truth' that he brings up ... the hypocrisy and play-acting over Christchurch that he exposes ...
I can't figure how to copy and paste that meme, but this is what it said:

In the last 39 days there have been122 Islamic terror attacks in 21 countries, in which 859 people were killed and 844 injured.
(then follow pix of burnt out churches etc.)
Where was the outrage here?
Date 16/3/19 source: https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... ?Yr+Last30

Note that the source list covers just 30 days, while Anning's meme refers to 39 days.

Just weeks ago, there was a church bombing in the Phillippines which killed 20 or so, but that wouldn't have warranted a fuss on this forum. As someone who believes in evolution rather than creation, what is of keen interest to me in this matter is media manipulation and the attendant virtue signaling that it encourages, if not demands.
MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMB ... B00L0LC8TO
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Karmageddon:

I am interested in your book. Can you drop a teaser, like perhaps the first chapter or something? That would be cool, it looks interesting.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
k*rm*geddon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by k*rm*geddon »

RB, if you click on the link you can see the cover, on which it says Look Inside, and you can read the first three chapters.

I've been musing this morning on what would have eventuated had a Muslim killed 50 in a New Zealand church. Imagine a prominent Muslim then standing up in Australia or NZ and declaring that the victims were at fault because Westerners had pillaged the Middle East.

First, the media would have been so 'understanding' and sympathetic.
Second, would that particular kid have stood exactly where the cameras were and cracked an egg over the Muslim's head?
Not in a million years!

But the kid knew exactly what he was doing with Anniston. In 2019 it's all about the number of twitter followers or whatever, and his numbers went ballistic in the aftermath.
The youth knew he would be lionized by the media and its minions. He didn't give a stuff about the killings. All he cared about was this golden chance to grandstand.

I saw a post somewhere by a retired NZ woman who rambled on about how she had gone to teachers college and uni in Christchurch in the late 1960s. She's been in Australia ever since but she made the mosque killings all about herself to such an extent that response comments were all along the lines of "Thinking about you Margaret."
Totally, WTF ???
MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMB ... B00L0LC8TO
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anning was assaulted by the teenager. Doesn't matter what he was saying (he could've been saying heil hitler), it still doesn't justify an assault. The teenager is at fault and should've known better.

Then again, Anning's response of slapping the teenager back is also an assault and reprehensible for someone in public office imo.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

Arnie, what a legend, he's not a Vegan now is he?

Seriously what is wrong with this world today? I also don't agree with what Anning said but you have to show some form of respect or I reckon I could egg at least 6 people a day that piss me off
the brat deserved what he got then he sooks about it and people raise funds for him? please.....

If Arnie is a Vegan then what he said about bacon is unnecessary and outrageous, someone pelt him with tofu
Even the ugly ones
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Let Senator Fraser press charges, if he has a problem with the egging. Connolly is 17 years old so he can be prosecuted as an adult in QLD. I personally hope the Nazi Senator gets charged with hate speech, and I think that's the more important topic here. Must have my priorities all messed up!

Read about hate speech laws in Australia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_spee ... _Australia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic