Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Post by TOG »

While cutting the grass I was thinking. It is the remainers who are complaining that they were not told enough about what could happen but that would not have affected their vote. They wanted to remain.

By any way of measuring, bar a new referendum, I doubt very much that the Brexit side would have changed their mind faced with this EU intransigency.

I am on record as stating that I firmly believe Theresa May is deliberately sabotaging the Brexit campaign as a way of staying in the EU. She was very much against leaving so either she is a very principled PM supporting the majority or a damn fine actress. As she is a politician, I go with actress.

Cameron never wanted to come out and did nothing to improve our lot with the EU. A few bones or scraps would have swung the vote but the cocky bastard thought staying in was a done deal. Then he just washed his hands and passed the buck to TM.

TM has constantly overruled her Brexit negotiators and made a dogs dinner of the negotiations. They would have been hard enough with the anti British attitude of Barnier, Tusk and Junkers who are only interested in a unified political Europe and want the UK's money to help achieve this end.

The Labour Party under Comrade Jeremy are the biggest joke of the lot. His idea of collaboration is his way or no way.

This was never a political issue, it was about what the British public wanted but the clowns at Westminster have managed to turn it into a party political fight. MPs should support their constituents vote which is why they are in the job in the first place; to represent their constituency not themselves.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Do you ever start to to reply and then think what's the fucking point. Keep on mowing the lawn TOG. :thumb: :thumb: Brexit is know chiefly about people who would rather be lied to by a Englishman than told the truth by a Frenchman. But the clever bit is how the British media enabled the Englishman lies to be believed.... 40 years of anti foreigner pounding is all it took. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Yorkie, with your love of everything EU especially the French, you should change your name to YORKIPOO. Quiet cute eh?

Get over it, the public voted out but democracy in the UK is dead and TM will sabotage events even further to ensure we remain under the (your words now) "Jackboot" of Brussels.

On your note of how everyone is suffering and businesses are closing, using a word spoken by Brody, "Bollocks".

Wages in the UK are not competitive with the Eastern EU countries which is why manufacturing is expanding there.

Car manufacturing is going through a huge change with the advent of electric vehicles. These will be made in countries with low manufacturing costs and the mineral resources needed to make the batteries and motors, i.e. China.

The high street is dying due to the internet. Shops cannot afford the wages and rents so working from your garage buying in cheap goods from China and India will always win.

Yet despite all of this, the UK is still growing at a faster rate than the EU.

Naff all to do with Brexit but I know you are stuck in the union run 70s attitude so will never see another point of view.

Me? I go with the flow and accept change as it happens and adapt accordingly.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

With 12 day's to go ... all i hear is tik tok tik tok

Brexit - mother of all cockups - the Irish perspective

The charlatans who promoted Brexit sold it as the dawn of a new age of prosperous independence from the rest of Europe—whereas it was specifically membership of the E.U. and its huge market that brought Britain four decades of prosperity. Their fantasy is that Europe’s bounty can be replaced by a new partnership with America — never mind that Ireland will suffer.

“There’ll be no point in sending Boris Johnson off to attend a St. Patrick’s Day parade wearing a green leprechaun hat.”

Irish history amply shows that the Brits have never shown much sympathy for or understanding Ireland. In the 19th century, when the island was administered like an annoying colony, Queen Victoria’s government sent the worst administrators there—it was considered a career backwater.

More than one million people died in the potato famine that raged between 1846 and 1849. A British administrator lamented, “There is scarcely a woman of the peasant class in the West of Ireland whose culinary art exceeds the boiling of a potato.”

After Irish independence, British rule was confined to Northern Ireland, but the province continued to be used by prime ministers as a place to send either party hacks or rivals who would be destroyed by the experience.

It could be said that after two centuries of screwing the Irish the Brits are screwing themselves even more than they are the Irish. The Irish will rebound. The Brits not so much.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brexit-th ... ive-a-damn
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

In Britain Asparagus may soon be the first victim of Brexit

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-brit ... SKCN1QZ06K
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

TOG wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 pm While cutting the grass I was thinking.
I hope you were not cutting someone else's grass !!!!!!!!!!! :stir:
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

kaputt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 pm With 12 day's to go ... all i hear is tik tok tik tok
A very unbiased opinion, subjective and full of facts from someone who should change their name to Bercot, you share a lot in common. Your dislike of the British shines like a beacon.

So in your opinion, 17 million plus Brits cannot think for themselves and the minority is right. Is that the Irish idea of democracy. Oh, I forgot, RoI. The country that voted against the Lisbon Treaty and then held another referendum because the EU did not like the outcome and bribed you into staying.

Yup, RoI, a country that firmly believes in democracy.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Deleted as duplicated post
Last edited by TOG on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

kaputt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 pm With 12 day's to go ... all i hear is tik tok tik tok
A very unbiased opinion, subjective and full of facts from someone who should change their name to Bercow, you share a lot in common. Your dislike of the British shines like a beacon.

So in your opinion, 17 million plus Brits cannot think for themselves and the minority is right. Is that the Irish idea of democracy. Oh, I forgot, RoI. The country that voted against the Lisbon Treaty and then held another referendum because the EU did not like the outcome and bribed you into staying.

I like the comment made that the EU is like the Hotel California.....You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Yup, RoI, a country that firmly believes in democracy.
[/quote]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic