Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Post by Sidewalker »

Text says: Squeeze my arm
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

BREXIT and UK Politics - what a mess !

It may be of some interest to CEO participants that almost all of the british friends and neighbors i have support to leave the EU. I am not so sure however if they are aware of the consequences BREXIT will have in their life as pensioners and for those that still live and work in britain and around the world.

Brexit hardline politicians in the UK couldn't care less, they now back another delay to which the EU States have to nod/or not.

How did Britain ever get into such a mess ?

Comedy of errors: meet the cast of Britain’s Brexit tragedy

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/ ... it-tragedy
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

kaputt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:12 am BREXIT and UK Politics - what a mess !

It may be of some interest to CEO participants that almost all of the british friends and neighbors i have support to leave the EU. I am not so sure however if they are aware of the consequences BREXIT will have in their life as pensioners and for those that still live and work in britain and around the world.

Brexit hardline politicians in the UK couldn't care less, they now back another delay to which the EU States have to nod/or not.

How did Britain ever get into such a mess ?

Comedy of errors: meet the cast of Britain’s Brexit tragedy

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/ ... it-tragedy
Surely only half of them. Unless they're all a bit elderly and racist.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Desperation. Brexiters touring far-rightwing politicians in EU ( France Italy Poland ) to get their support in vetoing an extension for the UK..... Democracy anyone. TOG ????. I dislike you a little bit more than I did before. I'm sure several others on here will have the same feelings. :hattip: :hattip: :hattip:
Nissan, Ford, Toyota, BMW nothing to do with brexit, Its project fear. I BLAME THE DINOSAURS. IF THEY HADN'T DIED AND COMPRESSED INTO FOSSIL FUELS,NONE OF THIS SHIT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. :dragonchase: :dragonchase: :dragonchase: :dragonchase: Not all vegetables are cabbages but all cabbages are vegetables. Right ?.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Yorkie, you are one sad individual. More like a spoilt child who throws a tantrum when you do not get your own way.

I do not dislike you as I do not know you but based on your posts, I feel sorry for you.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

It's interesting to see all the hate on Brexit. Not being British my opinion really does not matter (hint.... I believe the less government the better).

Now to ask the other side of the coin... (and stir the pot a little more)

Will Brexit HELP you in ways you havent thought of?
What, Me worry?
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm Will Brexit HELP you in ways you havent thought of?
Without a doubt Brexit will help some and hurt others. There is no win win scenario.

The EU had gone too far with political integration and would not listen to anyone opposing the dream of the few.

I will repeat for the benefit of some....The referendum was to stay in the EU or to leave the EU. Not hard, soft, no deal or anything else. A simple stay or leave.

The DEMOCRATIC majority wanted to leave. If the remainers feel that the whole story was never told then whose fault is that? Why did the remain campaign not point out all of these issues. It was their responsibility, not the Brexiteers.

The very sad fact is that this is all about democracy. Denying the majority their vote would be the biggest political shake up in the UK since Charles 1st and Oliver Cromwell.

Perhaps Yorkie and his merry band would prefer a country governed by mob rule but I would rather stand by democracy whether or not I agreed with the outcome.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Hello Tog. Would you mind taking a stab in the dark and naming who are going to be the WINNERS and who are going to be the LOSERS in this Tory Shitshow. And Please don't feel sorry for me, just like you it wont effect me. Just take a second and feel sorry for all those families in Swindon and Sunderland. Maybe that's too hard for a Tory eh !!. :hattip: Wealth is of the heart and mind. Not the pocket. 55 Tufton Street Westminster London anyone. :bow: :bow: :bow: :evil6:
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

YORKIE wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:50 pm Hello Tog. Would you mind taking a stab in the dark and naming who are going to be the WINNERS and who are going to be the LOSERS in this Tory Shitshow. And Please don't feel sorry for me, just like you it wont effect me. Just take a second and feel sorry for all those families in Swindon and Sunderland. Maybe that's too hard for a Tory eh !!. :hattip: Wealth is of the heart and mind. Not the pocket. 55 Tufton Street Westminster London anyone. :bow: :bow: :bow: :evil6:
First, I am not a Tory. There is not one political party that ticks all of my boxes. I vote for whichever candidate is closest to my views. Why should I feel sorry for families in Swindon and Sunderland. That is life....Factories open and factories close. The running down of the car industry has nothing to do with Brexit, it is all about economics. The cost of labour in the eastern EU countries is much lower than that in the UK. Any international company would move to a cheaper place, that's just common sense. All of these car manufacturers set up in the UK prior to the EU expanding into cheap labour territories. Also with the demise of the combustion engine, it will be cheaper to manufacture electronic parts in Asia and ship for assembly. We have to evolve or die.

OK, winners.....Anyone who voted to leave the EU is a winner (if we leave). Companies that are trying to trade outside of the EU but come up against tariff and quota barriers imposed by the EU. Home grown industries that will be able to fill the void created by "just in time" methods buying in from the EU. The list goes on. No one will know the full extent until we leave (if we leave). All of your points have consistently been put down and proven wrong.

Your main complaint is that "we were not told what would happen after the referendum".

Wrong, you were told and by your favourite paper........The Guardian. Everything you complain you were not told was brought up but the majority of the voting public preferred to leave the EU rather than become one political entity with 27 other countries. The British public voted in full knowledge of the consequences. If you were not aware of them, that is your own fault for not following the debates and news pre referendum. Or are you saying that the majority should be ignored in favour of the status quo. Why not apply that to general and local elections as well?

Bottom line is that you were easily led by Project Fear and the Remain campaign rather than using your own brain to work things out.

A few items from the Guardian pre referendum:
Brexit could lead to recession, says Bank of England
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... fears-bite

Irish PM Enda Kenny issues border warning over Brexit
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... referendum

Toyota UK warns of cutbacks if Britain leaves EU
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ive-impacy

Britain owes the EU £21bn, report claims – but is it true?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... is-it-true

And please remember that I said from day one that I voted to stay in the EU for my own selfish reasons but would rather live in a democratic country than a dictatorship under Brussels. This is why I completely back the leave camp regardless of how we leave. I am a firm believer in democracy, not mob rule or a dictatorship.

At general elections we accept whichever party wins as we should accept the result of the referendum to leave the EU.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Yes TOG but T Mayhem going to insist on a 3rd MV when she has already had it rejected by the greatest majority ever in the history of the HoC but the so called people can't have a final say as it would be undemocratic,
Having a bubble bath matey.

Tax evasion and you know it, nothing to do with the common people, and yes I do put some of the blame on the plebs, they should have done their research before voting instead of watching love island, cake baking programs and idiots dancing around on ice, FFs they most likely do deserve this shit show.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic