street boy near Pub Street

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Scousio
Tourist
Great Britain

street boy near Pub Street

Post by Scousio »

Hi Guys
Thank you for allowing me to join this fantastic informative group my wife and I will be returning to Cambodia in Nov we cannot wait, so many fond memories of our time in Cambodia. Anyhow I digress, the reason for my post is out of curiosity really while in SR we would often visit Pub Street area, and we would often see a young barefoot homeless boy, what was different about this kid (12 years old or thereabouts) was his manner, he often sort of intimidated tourists witb a cat like growl randomly. We observed this on several occassions as he would walk around the bars and restaurants he would growl at tourists and show his teeth, I wondered if he had a mental health issue? Non the less I wonde if any of you guys know the kid, if he still behaves like that or has he left? Incidentally we visited SR in 2013