Python Bites Granny While She Sleeps

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Python Bites Granny While She Sleeps

Post by Brody »

A 75-year-old Thai grandmother was attacked by a python at night during her sleep. The nightmarish attack was recorded on a CCTV system installed by her son to monitor his elderly mother.

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Python Bites Granny While She Sleeps

Post by RickyBobby »

That totally freaks me out.

I was wondering about the stilted houses. What is the purpose, besides keeping them high and dry? I thought perhaps to keep snakes and other pests out perhaps? Or is it just to build a shade cover for living underneath? All of the above?

Something I found really interesting when I visited the silk farm was that the stilts sat in water, to keep the ants out of the building. The ants are a predator of the silk worm. That's pretty cool.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Saw this a few days ago, Hell of a video and way to wake up!!
Still here, in country...
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

I guess that had this been reported by CEOCambodiaNews it would have read "Python bites SEXY granny while she sleeps".

Very suspect his taste in women. :?: :?: :?:
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm That totally freaks me out.

I was wondering about the stilted houses. What is the purpose, besides keeping them high and dry? I thought perhaps to keep snakes and other pests out perhaps? Or is it just to build a shade cover for living underneath? All of the above?

Something I found really interesting when I visited the silk farm was that the stilts sat in water, to keep the ants out of the building. The ants are a predator of the silk worm. That's pretty cool.
To answer the first part of your query pretty much "all of the above.". Also frequently the kitchen is located there and sometimes the bathroom, although the latter is more a vestige of former times. Also that space is also a nocturnal stable for water buffalos and cattle.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic