(Competent) Clinic/Doctors List

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Steve-A
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: (Competent) Clinic/Doctors List

Post by Steve-A »

Back in 2011 I was hospitalised overnight in Calmette. Definitely do NOT recommend.

Next door to Calmette is the Pasteur Institute which is useful for vaccines (I had a rabies shot and a tetanus booster there), and sexual health check ups.

My sister had a good experience at Procare after a cut got infected.

Slightly off topic but Malis dental clinic inside Phnom Penh tower are a good dentist. I had a tooth cap done there in Nov last year.

There's also a brand new medical facility opening inside The Bridge Mall this year - I've been doing some work for them (not medical related), it's an impressive clinic. Definitely worth a look once they open: https://sgmc.com.kh
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

KAMPOT Dr.s

Clinique et Maternite Kampot Sante
Dr. trained in Lyon France speaks Khmer, French, English. Most recommended by longterm Expats in Kampot. General practicer with brand new Hospital Rooms to stay. Located between Total Gas Station and Road to Kep next to the Sacura Second Hand Shop.

Dentist (Khmer)
highly recommended by at least 10 Expats i know personally. 2 pretty young but very knowledgable Dentists did perfect jobs at very reasonable prices.
Located opposite the Metfone Office near the Central Market.

Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital
I got stung by 15 wasps (big bastards) and found a young khmer doctor that only left university a year ago very helpful and professional. Contrary to this experience i tried to help a Khmer Kid and it' s minder to get help....................................! The kid was abandoned by his blind parents at the Bus Station in Kampot. The kid is not only blind himself but also a mute and cannot sleep and is hyperactive. The Hospital let us wait for 3 hrs only to tell us to come back in the afternoon. Than we finally got someone of the (mostly volunteering medical staff) to tell us that there was nothing they could do. The minder simply wanted some medication to have this kid sleep at night (they put it in an orphanage where it kept all kids awake during the entire night).
Other Barang had similar experience and long, long waiting hours before they got someone from the medical staff.

So a mixed bag in my opinion.

What i do not recommend in Kampot:
The general referral Hospital in Kampot is catering exclusively to Khmer and has no facilities for in-bound Barang. If you don't have a family to provide you with food you starve. There is no one that will give you food. Another thing to be aware of is that you have no place to lock your valuables away and the risk of getting them stolen is very real.

Dr. Scuffi gets mixed reviews from Expats in Kampot. Most believe he is here for the cash.

Out of Town Dr.s i recommend
Dermatologist in Phnom Penh
Dr. Sithach Mey
Best Dermatologist i ever encountered. He is extremely busy so it's best to visit him at 3 pm in the afternoon because his office is flooded with people in the morning.

Korean Eye Hospital in Phnom Penh
Big Eye Clinic very professional.

Naga Clinic
mostly french Dr.s
My experience lays back 7 years but back than it was a good and reasonably priced clinic for general health issues, dermatology etc.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

With all the recent talk about expat mental health problems and suicide, I wanted to post a useful contact for expats who are looking for help. After an online search I came up with the Sunrise Mental Clinic - details below - but I don't have any first or even second-hand experience with this clinic. If anyone has any further information - positive or negative experiences - please post them here.
There is not a lot of psychiatric help available for anyone in Cambodia, but this clinic seems to be geared up for foreign patients with a Dutch psychiatrist who speaks several languages.

International Centre for Psychiatry & Psychotherapy

Address

located at Sunrise Mental Clinic
#247, Street 63 (near Mao Tse Tung Boulevard)
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Tel 1: 090697668
Tel 2:
Tel 3:
Email: [email protected]

The International Centre for Psychiatry & Psychotherapy is established in August 2011 by Ben van den Bussche, MD, psychiatrist from Holland. The Centre is located at Sunrise Mental Clinic in Phnom Penh.
Ben van den Bussche has been working as psychiatrist in Holland, Kenya and for the United Nations for more than 25 years. He speaks fluently English, French, German and Dutch.
The Centre offers state of the art psychiatric treatment and addiction care according evidence-based international guidelines. After intake and psychiatric assessment a transparent patient-centered treatment plan will be made and discussed.
The Centre provides psychiatric assessment, medication management, psycho-education, home visits, (phone)counseling, addiction care and psychotherapy at reasonable prices and will offer you excellent service.

The Centre is open Monday till Saturday from 1pm till 7pm

dr. Ben van den Bussche, psychiatrist
Mobile : 090697668
E-mail : [email protected]
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Psychiatrist. ImageImageDR Try Sokheng Phnom Penh seems to know what he's doing and very easy to talk to plus pacient with you explaining what's happening , had problem rang him talked us though what to do and gave us a follow up call an hour later which was good
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Dr. Scuffi gets mixed reviews from Expats in Kampot. Most believe he is here for the cash.
nonsense,he burned 6 skin cancers off me for $20
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Phnom Penh chiropractor review

Post by Pedroviera »

International Chiropractic Clinic... Dr. Eric tkacsik D. C.... Thank God for this guy...Ive been 15+ chiros in USA before I found two of them can fix me. Severe neck /back adjustment. I need a very deep adjustment and many chiros afraid/not skills to get it right. I've never had adjustment in Asia. No confidence in industry here and heard bad things...I was desperate and this guy American and took the time and has the skill set. Instant relief. Not cheap (50usd includes electro post massage) ... but worth every penny if your suffering especially if you have history chiro in your home country . Extremely busy office lots of locals too..... schedule you 855023223101 or look website email
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Khmer community mental health services:
https://tpocambodia.org/community-menta ... -programs/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

I have had a very good experience for many years with Central Hospital by Sorya mall, but others have cursed it. DO not see the young Khmer doctor, he is useful. paediatrician is good. Mostly frnch trained (except the young jerk)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This Siem Reap clinic was recommended on social media today.

Expats and locals living in Siem Reap, Cambodia
For anyone interested in excellent basic medical care in Siem Reap, I found Ly Srey Vyna II Clinic. It is very clean, the staff speaks English and the doctor seems very competent.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

The new European Medicare Center just opened #3 street 240 (between corner Norodom/St.240 and Aquarius Hotel).
Les by doctor Seban, highly praised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic