Is it creepy to sit alone outside riverside bars and restaurants?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Is it creepy to sit alone outside riverside bars and restaurants?

Post by phuketrichard »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 pm As for not wearing a shirt, that's part of the benefit of living in this climate. Wearing a shirt in my free time means the shirts need to be laundered, which I hate doing.

I've always said "If you got it, flaunt it. " So when I'm working out at riverside, or relaxing there afterward, sitting alone, I often go shirtless and the Khmer women love it.

99.99% of foreigners are probably jealous and thus acting as clothes police.
:please:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Good luck with the melanomas.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 pm As for not wearing a shirt, that's part of the benefit of living in this climate. Wearing a shirt in my free time means the shirts need to be laundered, which I hate doing.

I've always said "If you got it, flaunt it. " So when I'm working out at riverside, or relaxing there afterward, sitting alone, I often go shirtless and the Khmer women love it.

also available in singlet but since you don't like to wear t-shirts here is an alternative.
success with the flaunting.
pebbles&nightsky
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

Last trip I really enjoyed sitting outside by the Riverside and eating chef's salad at Deja vu restaurant but I kept getting a really strange feeling that I'd been there before!
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

Artisan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:45 pm

also available in singlet but since you don't like to wear t-shirts here is an alternative.
success with the flaunting.
Forget the hat, just get the tattoo.

[media]https://v637g.app.goo.gl/caKQj6Jh6UK9LVmg8[/media]

Probably a lot of the blokes sitting alone on the Riverside are probably on holiday. Expats don't hang there. As we know, Phnom Penh is hardly the most exciting place for day time activities.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Creepiness is in the eye of the beholder.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

To each his own bro... Some are comfortable drinking alone and some enjoy an entourage..

Enjoy yo time and not worry so much about wat others are doing.. unless thats what u like..
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bobsboots wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm Creepiness is in the eye of the beholder.
Exactly right! :thumb:
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

See? Bumping some threads can be fun.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Some of us are strong and independent and self sufficient, self reliant and self confident. The rest need to surround themselves with people to fill the void.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic