If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by OrangeDragon »

Ahhh... so one more thing K440 doesn't do... update to the user's current time zone.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

You're priceless, OD.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

OrangeDragon wrote:Ahhh... so one more thing K440 doesn't do... update to the user's current time zone.

I don't think CEO does this automatically either. I just did it today to make the comparison, as CEO still had me on Cambodia time.

I do like that OD thought I was posting well into the future; it's not even September 28th where he is.

I have a lot of faults, but being slow when investigating and posting about deaths and arrests in Cambodia is not one of them.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Joon wrote:Link to the Pattaya site's post, Richard? Curious to see what they think of the "Great Cambodia Forums War."
There is very little, if anyone discussion there about the ceo vs K440. IN fact when they posted the video is was the first i ave seen ceo mentioned.
Sometimes K440 is mentioned in the protected Cambodia sub section.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LoL! ! Leave Gavin alone. He's just upset that we beat him..

Yes, he reported "I think Zachary Napier is dead because I see RIP on his Facebook and Twitter..."

He then guessed that it might be linked to Koh Rong.

I went ahead and did the actual research and confirmed he is most definitely dead, died on Koh Rong, gave a date, posted that he was found dead in his room and that it was from Drug Overdose.

Yes, his EDITED and MOVED post most definitely has an earlier timestamp on it, and was later edited to have more information in it, and then moved to it's own thread all AFTER our post.

So yes, it's ironic when he says we have nothing but old news on here, LoL.

Come on over, Gavin! We make a great detective team! I think you're no longer a very good fit over there ever since Scobienz has been attempting to turn it into a Cambodian Parents Network for commercial purposes, LoL. You even made jokes on yourself recently about having a conversion with yourself on your Ian Heller thread since most other Khmer440 members don't have much interest in it. :beer:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i notice scobie spanks gav regularly and in a very public way.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

OD started this debate by making a comment about you guys posting the Napier stuff here first. First he claimed the time stamps proved it, and now that the time stamps have proved him wrong, you're jumping to a silly theory about my posts being edited to copy yours or something.

My post on Napier's death wasn't edited to add any new content. If you are claiming it was, just say what you think was added.

Also, you claim to have confirmed that he died, what confirmation do you have, other than that his family said so on FB and twitter, which I already posted?

You also claim to have confirmed that he died on Koh Rong, which we all suspect, yet you don't provide any confirming facts or sources. In the spirit of transparency, you should tell your readers how you know that and I will certainly give you credit for that.

To be honest, all I know is that someone died on Koh Rong, Napier is dead, the Sihanouk province cops had his passport, and his family says on FB and in a twitter message to me that he died on an island. Sure sounds like he died on Koh Rong, but if you want to take credit for confirming this, you should say what your additional source is and how it is confirmed.

Your own readers are praising the posts I am making on K440 on Heller and Napier, it seems a bit delusional for you now to claim here that my posts there have lacked content and been edited after the fact to add content. I am always careful to use precise language when presenting facts about things I believe to be true; it sure looks like you tend to read the facts presented in my posts and then post here "Confirmed!"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Cam Nivag wrote:First he claimed the time stamps proved it, and now that the time stamps have proved him wrong,
Yeah, he goofed on that a bit, but it doesn't change much.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Cam Nivag wrote:... you're jumping to a silly theory about my posts being edited to copy yours or something.

My post on Napier's death wasn't edited to add any new content....
It most definitely was, as I already explained.

You only said "I think he's dead because I see RIP on Facebook and Twitter... he died in Cambodia and I can also guess that it might be the rumored Koh Rong incident...."

You later added everything else, INCLUDING starting a whole new thread like we have, did you not?

Even your fellow mod, Joon, said "I guess that's the confirmation I was waiting for in the other thread."

Ha! That's proof, I'm sorry.

You clearly updated your info. If not, why would Joon have been waiting for "confirmation" in your old thread that she NOW has on your new thread about it?

I know why: because you updated the info (yet the timestamp doesn't change, of course). :facepalm:

I'm getting a little worried. I believe this is the second time this week that people have challenged you about editing posts, and then you denying it, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a poster, maybe RickeCakes, accuse you of editing their post for a lame joke, then you claimed it was something entirely different or a different poster, and then Violet even came to back them up against you?

Last I saw they were still challenging you to dig up the old post, which they seem certain will prove them right.

So, you have 2 posters over on the old forum saying you are wrong and begging you to find the old post which they are convinced will prove you wrong, and you have me claiming the same thing, along with Joon's post on your NEW thread thanking you for the confirmation that she had previously been waiting for the OLD thread.

Personality, I think you're just a little butthurt that I beat you to the punch of your big story and can't man up and admit I beat you to the info that you later published. Image

It's no biggie, we'll overlap here and there sometimes with stories, just like all the major news outlets do around the globe. Don't be afraid to admit it happened..

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia