You'd better take that plastic bag

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: You'd better take that plastic bag

Post by OrangeDragon »

Since the subject being discussed was tuktuk drivers... and you posted " Soon they will even start to realize that their jobs depend upon us fuck twat foreigners." sort of comes together doesn't it!?
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

The subject was a plastic bag and General rudeness among Khmer service staff.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Whatever, though.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Well, it had migrated at that point... though the point really still stands. Businesses here don't really depend on us anymore. Anything high end makes more on khmer riche and asian tourists than english teachers and backpackers, anything low end makes more on khmer and asian tourist volume than occasional western expats/tourists.

Very few khmer owned businesses target western foreigners exclusively... and most that do, don't do so great. western owned businesses that target westerners are neat... but mostly seem to be a labor of love.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i am still amazed that there are words in Khmer to say "mother fucking monkey".
perhaps the cultural gulf is neither wider or deeper than what i thought in my ignorance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic