Eurotech Water Drums

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mr Fish
Tourist
Canada

Re: Eurotech Water Drums

Post by Mr Fish »

beaker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:23 am I have drank tap water using one of these Korea brand filters for 11 years (replace every year) without problem. They are ~$15. and available all over

I just bought one of these. It says Thailand on it but it looks exactly the same. Didn't find anything from Korea. I bought it at Aeon Mall. I followed the instructions, it said to soak the filters for at least 30 min (I did it for an hour) then install. Discard the first batch of filtered water and the rest is drinkable. Day 1 was no issue, however now at day 2 the water is beginning to taste like tap water. I have no idea what happened, I didn't make any changes. It's kind of becoming a little frightening. The drum water isn't safe, the bottled water is hit and miss (according to articles I've read), and even now this filtered water isn't ok. I'm thinking of just investing in an RO filter like the one I have in Beijing. Seems to be the only save bet.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Mr Fish wrote:
beaker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:23 am I have drank tap water using one of these Korea brand filters for 11 years (replace every year) without problem. They are ~$15. and available all over

I just bought one of these. It says Thailand on it but it looks exactly the same. Didn't find anything from Korea. I bought it at Aeon Mall. I followed the instructions, it said to soak the filters for at least 30 min (I did it for an hour) then install. Discard the first batch of filtered water and the rest is drinkable. Day 1 was no issue, however now at day 2 the water is beginning to taste like tap water. I have no idea what happened, I didn't make any changes. It's kind of becoming a little frightening. The drum water isn't safe, the bottled water is hit and miss (according to articles I've read), and even now this filtered water isn't ok. I'm thinking of just investing in an RO filter like the one I have in Beijing. Seems to be the only save bet.
I have the exact same type. Using it for 2+ years, tap to filter to jugs in the fridge. Zero issues. Tried boiling it at first, but that made it taste worse. Now I don't notice any taste.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

epidemiks wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm
Mr Fish wrote:

I have the exact same type. Using it for 2+ years, tap to filter to jugs in the fridge. Zero issues. Tried boiling it at first, but that made it taste worse. Now I don't notice any taste.
Here is a test to find out just how good your filter is.

Buy a small bottle of food coloring from the supermarket. Put about one teaspoon full in the water to be filtered .

If your filter can filter out the food coloring then it should be able to filter out everything else. ,

Dont forget to post your results on this forum.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic