Fake $100 bills from ATM. Urban myth or reality.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Fake $100 bills from ATM. Urban myth or reality.

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I wonder what their system is to verify the bills. I suppose for security they cannot reveal it but I haven't heard of them being able to scan bills as they are dispensed yet.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

they use a counting machine that scans the bills and records serials
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 am UPDATE: ABA HAS PROVEN THAT THE US DOLLARS WERE NOT FAKE AND JEREMIE HAS RETRACTED HIS STATEMENT!

Just goes to show what damage and hysteria can be caused by someone making false accusations on social media. Good to see ABA being proactive following up with this dude's FB post...albeit belatedly after it had already stirred up a bush fire.

And all he has to do is....just retract..

As we know there, have been a number of these accusations about ABA in the past and whether substantiated or not, when the shit hits the fan it tends to stick..

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 am UPDATE: ABA HAS PROVEN THAT THE US DOLLARS WERE NOT FAKE AND JEREMIE HAS RETRACTED HIS STATEMENT!

Just goes to show what damage and hysteria can be caused by someone making false accusations on social media. Good to see ABA being proactive following up with this dude's FB post...albeit belatedly after it had already stirred up a bush fire.

And all he has to do is....just retract..

As we know there, have been a number of these accusations about ABA in the past and whether substantiated or not, when the shit hits the fan it tends to stick..

No difference to any other service you get,,,, If it's good,, tell the world.

If it's bad,,,, Tell the boss or whoever is in charge so they can fix the problem.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
The Last Word
Expatriate
Laos

Post by The Last Word »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:39 am I wonder what their system is to verify the bills. I suppose for security they cannot reveal it but I haven't heard of them being able to scan bills as they are dispensed yet.
I'm sure if they can scan when you deposit into the depositing machine im sure they would have a scanner when withdrawing
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Felgerkarb wrote:The North Koreans make superior fakes, referred to as super notes...good, but not perfect.
Watched a program about the new superfakes coming out of North Korea. Same paper material, same strip injection, same color change ink. Same black light result. Same embedded image holding it behind a light source.

The treasury lady had to go through with a giant magnifying glass to point out the difference between real and fake. The tiny owl was on an offset over the number.

So if the superfakes feel the same, pass the same general tests, and the only way to detect them is with a giant magnifying glass, for everyday purposes, they are undetectable.

Scary!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Did Jeremie Reb get threatened?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:38 am Did Jeremie Reb get threatened?

Probably just got wise
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:38 am Did Jeremie Reb get threatened?
You betcha. As I read Reb's careful, quiet retraction (a.k.a., eating his claims), I thought he was given no choice unless he wanted to face the police. What I hadn't seen before is that Reb only published his accusation 18 days AFTER the ATM withdrawal. His whole claim smelled.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:37 am What I hadn't seen before is that Reb only published his accusation 18 days AFTER the ATM withdrawal. His whole claim smelled.
This.

I was surprised to read that as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic