Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Klakmum
Tourist
New Zealand

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by Klakmum »

By the way... I just fund this snake in my apartment. I'm not very scared about snakes but I would like to know what kind of snake it is. Someone know?
Klakmum
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Klakmum »

Why can't I edit my previous threat anymore? The timeout is to short here in this forum. Very unprofessional.Image
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Klakmum wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:52 pm Why can't I edit my previous threat anymore? The timeout is to short here in this forum. Very unprofessional.Image

Be chill, Honey.
Klakmum
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Klakmum »

Yeh my mistake. I linked the image now two times from Dropbox in both cases it disappeared. Sorry for that. Someone knows this snake? Her name? I'm not afraid but I would like to know what neighbors I have.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

I cannot help but would also like to know what kind of snake it is.
Where is your apartment? Is the snake aggressive? What would others do in this situation? If you aren't sure if it's dangerous, you can't really just leave it, can you?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I would shit myself if I found one in my place. Hate snakes........................brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampoochie »

When was the last time a barang was either a) hurt/killed by an animal in Cambodia or b) blown up (again, hurt/killed) by a landmine?

To my knowledge, it's vehicles and drugs (drugs plus overheating, sometimes)…a few suicides that probably overlap with drugs. Those are the things that kill a few barangs per year, you get a constant trickle of this.

But it seems like at some point in the past 30, 40 years, some white person has been killed by an animal or landmine, right? Anyone know of any particular case of this?
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

The color rendition of the stripes is not clear on my cellphone. If the stripes are black and yellowish it could possibly be a banded krait. If so treat it with a great deal of respect; they are deadly. I saw my first one on my property (outdoors) a week ago. However I am not a herpatologist.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Klakmum wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:43 pm Yeh my mistake. I linked the image now two times from Dropbox in both cases it disappeared. Sorry for that. Someone knows this snake? Her name? I'm not afraid but I would like to know what neighbors I have.
Looks like a Keelback -

https://ecologyasia.com/verts/snakes/ye ... elback.htm
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

There's some good info here about snakes in Cambodia https://slideplayer.com/slide/12632880/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic