Fake Jack Daniel's bust at Siem Reap minimarts.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Fake Jack Daniel's bust at Siem Reap minimarts.

Post by Duncan »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:14 am Well, I bought a bottle of JD in SR, and took the balance home in a water bottle, whereby I put it back in a proper bottle. I just had a bit the other morning in my coffee, as I do, and it seemed pretty raw, and I wondered about its legitimacy.

My bet is, it was fake coffee.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

well that explains the violent hang over i had
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:14 am I just had a bit the other morning in my coffee, as I do, and it seemed pretty raw.
Should of put a bit of this in your coffee instead and it would've seemed sooooo smoooooooooooooooooth.... :pirat:

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:45 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:14 amI just had a bit the other morning in my coffee, as I do, and it seemed pretty raw.
Should of put a bit of this in your coffee instead and it would've seemed sooooo smoooooooooooooooooth.... :pirat:

Haha, maybe. I already make BPC, it has coconut oil, butter, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and cacao. It is whipped up to a frothy creamy amazing [smoothe] luscious drink. I think when I start adding my whiskey again it will be my Gibson finest 12yo, which seems to be genuine and good.

Actually, I used to use a wand blender, now I find it emulsifies just as well by shaking it vigorously for 30 seconds in this canning jar.

"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:20 pm UPDATE: Whoops. The Jack Daniel's was not "fake", but it was not sold through the accredited JD licensed company which holds the import rights. Jack Daniels company complained about this, which resulted in the Siem Reap raid.
The end story is that Angkor Mini Marts were selling Jack Daniel's that was bought before the licence was issued, so everyone has agreed that they can sell off their old stock which is perfectly good, but once that's sold they must buy from the official JD sellers.

Much ado about nothing. Drink up and don't worry about it. :beer3:

Source : kohsantepheapdaily
Shared by Koon Khmer.
So if it is not fake, why not change header of OP?
pebbles&nightsky
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

we made our own jack daniels & jim beam in saudi

step 1 : purchase 'sid' from expats in the know
step 2 : purchase jack daniels or jim beam barbecue chips from americans bringing it into saudi in their luggage
step 3 : place either chips into uncut 'sid'
step 4 : try & wait around 3 to 4 weeks minimum before straining chips. the longer the better
step 5 : mix with coke & get fcuked up on your compound

:bong:
thru shit to more shit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic