Killing Bokor Mountain

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Killing Bokor Mountain

Post by John Bingham »

kaputt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:02 pm PICTURE's , how to do ?
OK, i'm an old ignorant fart that did not bother to find the fineprint. Perhaps you can help me.

There's a button with a green circle on it when you are posting, just choose a file after pressing that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

the removal of wildlife & their natural habit is in the final stages but still some stubborn species are just hanging on, but not for much longer

soon the only life on the planet will be 50 billion humans & their farms
thru shit to more shit
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I saw gigantic birds there and you could hear it when they were moving their wings. Passing me maybe 20 metres above me. Amazing sight.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

hornbills
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 pm hornbills
Great Hornbills, to be exact. Yes, they are still pretty common. Though I wonder what their breeding success is like now with many of the large trees they need for breeding gone.

kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

@john bingham: Thanks for your advise on how to upload a photo. Nothing worked ! I hit the picture button and got this [img][img]. I tried copy and cut and paste but nothing ever produced a result where i could actually get a picture uploaded. What did i do wrong ?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I had visited a few year's back and seen the hornbills. An amazing sight.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

What happened to Bokor Mountain is also happening at other places in Cambodia

Kompong Speu, Rattanakiri are only two examples.

https://phnompenhpost.com/national/fire ... -provinces

Thailand, Indonesia and China have by far the worst air pollution problems, most a result of fires,deliberately set.
In Europe Greece, Southern France and Portugal are the ones suffering from annual fires. Often they are related to thugs trying to grab land for building purposes.

https://phnompenhpost.com/international ... ging-fires
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

I rode up on my bicycle once 5 years ago and saw those big black monkeys with white-faces about midway up where the trees were tall and dense.... another time, standing by the cliff at the top behind the abandoned resort, I saw three huge hornbills fly right past me, only ten metres out from the cliff... Amazing, huge creatures, and you could hear the biggest swooshing sound being generated by their flapping wings.

Now, look at this story:

...A local Cambo dickhead, grinning proudly like a silly idiot with a hornbill he has just shot. Do they fine him? No. Do they put him in jail? No. He is grinning while being "re-educated" and "promising not to do it again"...

The killing of Bokor mountain is really happening: it's ongoing, the same as the rest of the natural world everywhere on Earth is being destroyed very quickly, from sea to valley and mountain...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

hanno wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:09 am
frank lee bent wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 pm hornbills
Great Hornbills, to be exact. Yes, they are still pretty common. Though I wonder what their breeding success is like now with many of the large trees they need for breeding gone.

Wow-what a bird- thanks for posting that picture. I have not seen that Hornbill species. I need to go there and hopefully see some wildlife.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic