(Another) visa question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:44 am
Reputation: 1
Korea North

(Another) visa question

Post by AM34 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:59 am

I will be arriving in Cambodia by air on a Thursday and will be leaving a few days later on Sunday for a short visit to Vietnam. I will then be returning to Cambodia by land and plan to stay long-term to look for work (but want multiple entry).

What kind of visa should I get when I first arrive? When I return to look for work?

My concern is that if I enter initially on a tourist visa, I won't later qualify for an ordinary e visa on my second visit (from what I've read). If I enter initially on an ordinary E class visa, I won't have time to apply for an EG visa.

Can anyone confirm or suggest the best way to go about this?
User avatar
Posts: 8284
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1194
Location: the far side of the moon

Re: (Another) visa question

Post by phuketrichard » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am

1st entry ; regular tourist visa $30
2nd entry; Ordinary visa $35 ..which can be extended to a 6 month EG extension..looking for work
or if ur lucky and get a job in 30 days a EB extension for 1 year
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Posts: 1063
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 279

Re: (Another) visa question

Post by Kammekor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 am


You wont get a multi entry visa when you enter.

If you want multiple entry, make sure you get the 6 Month extension, up to three months is single entry. Goes for EG (looking for work) and EB (business) ext.
User avatar
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 406
Location: Phnom Penh

Re: (Another) visa question

Post by timmydownawell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:22 pm

As above, get a Tourist Visa first time, then an Ordinary Visa second time, and get a 6mo EG extension (EOS) on that while you look for work - it's multiple entry.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ifrenchkiss, lurcio, TOG and 130 guests