Will hostess bars let you run up a $674 bill and walk out if you pretend you're interested in buying the bar?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
violet
Expatriate

Re: Will hostess bars let you run up a $674 bill and walk out if you pretend you're interested in buying the bar?

Post by violet »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 pm
fax wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:12 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 am Unbelievable I know, but I have never been in a hostess bar.
It is unbelievable because rozzieoz avatar which you took is evidence you were in Oscars hostess bar on hostess bar street 104.
Lol, well, if that's true, I don't even know what a hostess bar is. I just visited there with Roz, and watched the band. Looked like any other bar to me.
Oscars is Schrodinger's..... It's a hostess bar if you seek a hostess.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Will hostess bars let you run up a $674 bill and walk out if you pretend you're interested in buying the bar?

Post by Kuroneko »

violet wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:19 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 pm
fax wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:12 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 am Unbelievable I know, but I have never been in a hostess bar.
It is unbelievable because rozzieoz avatar which you took is evidence you were in Oscars hostess bar on hostess bar street 104.
Lol, well, if that's true, I don't even know what a hostess bar is. I just visited there with Roz, and watched the band. Looked like any other bar to me.
Oscars is Schrodinger's..... It's a hostess bar if you seek a hostess.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 am
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:41 am
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 am
aussieguy100 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 pm
RickyBobby wrote:How the hell can a bill ever get so high? How many nights of drinking was it?
About twelve nights drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unbelievable I know, but I have never been in a hostess bar. How much are the drinks, and what other charges can land on a bill?

Reading this and also about other recent reports of bill padding and the subsequent row's and collateral damage and I don't want to set foot in any of these places.
i arrive june 25th.. lets just go and u can experience it?? lol.. its not that serious. Shit happens from time to time but for most part I never experienced anything like my friend did. I am usually low key. Suppose people acting up etc can happen anywhere depending on the type of person but yea at the "shadier" spots this can happen

I think a lady drink is $3.50 or so? a beer for customer can be up to $2.00 maybe?? mixed drink can be same price as lady drink..

hehe, thx for the offer of friendship and a night out bro.

In the west, even if I was buying for a friend, my evening of entertainment costs would rarely exceed $100 and that's when drafts are are $7 and doubles of whiskey are $12. I could probably even go out after for some junk food and still have money left over.

If I was heading to a lady bar, I would likely have primed up at home with several shots, and maybe even a few beers, then nurse it a bit when paying the big bucks. Eh, I find the street view with .50 cent cans in my hand almost more entertaining. Likely I will stick with that. I find the whole [ohh, you so hansum] scene awkward, with the pressure to buy girls overpriced drinks and all.

It feels offensive to me that the interest and smiles are feigned and while directed to my face, are pointed at my wallet. Its not real, its so shallow and I cannot imagine how and why people like it. (not judging, truly don't understand)

I guess if I wanted a girl, I would prefer a freelancer or a grey girl over a bar girl. I have been propositioned many times and by often reasonably pretty girls without 10 lbs of makeup on their face which I would also prefer. I also think that the girls that are riding a cock carousal as professionals are not very appealing to me for that very reason ewww. I mean isn't it true that you are essentially fucking all the people she's also fucked?

I have also never accepted the propositions, however intriguing they were. And on retrospect, I sometimes wished I had taken the opportunity for an experience. Last was on my last night in Phnom Penh, and a block from my hotel, a young lady age 24 walked along side me working me a bit. She had also tried the previous two nights, as she worked that street I guess. I said no thank you again and when I was in front of my hotel, just watching the street before going in, she promptly arrived in front of me on a motor with a friend, age 20. They tried again and both wanted to go with me. I am human and red blooded, intriguing idea even though I have never done such a thing, its fun to imagine. I excused myself and went in as I also needed a good sleep with a flight the next day.
Intriguing mini rant there Ricky albeit off topic somewhat. :hattip:

It's pretty clear you're not a hostess bar kind of guy, rather, you'd be happy with a 50c can of Angkor sitting outside Neil's Minimart on 136 and have a perv at the girls next door at Sweet Lemon bar. Fair enough..each to their own. :plus1:

Then you mention your preference for freelancers/grey girls over hostess bar girls on the proviso of course that "IF I wanted a girl" so it's strictly hypothetical..no worries. :thumb: However I'm a bit puzzled by some your assertions (see bolded)..could you clarify?

Why do you feel it's offensive the interest and smiles are feigned and while directed to your face, are pointed at your wallet? I mean, you know the score..you know why the girls are there..ryt? Would you expect it be any other way? Would you prefer it was more an illusion rather than appear so direct and shallow?

And that hypothetical freelancer that you reckon you'd prefer, you think her smiles and interest are less directed at your wallet? Do you think that hypothetical freelancer that you get from Pontoon is more or less "professional" than your typical bar girl?

And that 24 yr old missed opportunity that you guess "worked your street"...and then tried later again with a 20 yr old friend..you think she was interested in you as in like a grey girl? :beer3:
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:53 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:59 am
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:41 am
RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 am
aussieguy100 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 pm
About twelve nights drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unbelievable I know, but I have never been in a hostess bar. How much are the drinks, and what other charges can land on a bill?

Reading this and also about other recent reports of bill padding and the subsequent row's and collateral damage and I don't want to set foot in any of these places.
i arrive june 25th.. lets just go and u can experience it?? lol.. its not that serious. Shit happens from time to time but for most part I never experienced anything like my friend did. I am usually low key. Suppose people acting up etc can happen anywhere depending on the type of person but yea at the "shadier" spots this can happen

I think a lady drink is $3.50 or so? a beer for customer can be up to $2.00 maybe?? mixed drink can be same price as lady drink..

hehe, thx for the offer of friendship and a night out bro.

In the west, even if I was buying for a friend, my evening of entertainment costs would rarely exceed $100 and that's when drafts are are $7 and doubles of whiskey are $12. I could probably even go out after for some junk food and still have money left over.

If I was heading to a lady bar, I would likely have primed up at home with several shots, and maybe even a few beers, then nurse it a bit when paying the big bucks. Eh, I find the street view with .50 cent cans in my hand almost more entertaining. Likely I will stick with that. I find the whole [ohh, you so hansum] scene awkward, with the pressure to buy girls overpriced drinks and all.

It feels offensive to me that the interest and smiles are feigned and while directed to my face, are pointed at my wallet. Its not real, its so shallow and I cannot imagine how and why people like it. (not judging, truly don't understand)

I guess if I wanted a girl, I would prefer a freelancer or a grey girl over a bar girl. I have been propositioned many times and by often reasonably pretty girls without 10 lbs of makeup on their face which I would also prefer. I also think that the girls that are riding a cock carousal as professionals are not very appealing to me for that very reason ewww. I mean isn't it true that you are essentially fucking all the people she's also fucked?

I have also never accepted the propositions, however intriguing they were. And on retrospect, I sometimes wished I had taken the opportunity for an experience. Last was on my last night in Phnom Penh, and a block from my hotel, a young lady age 24 walked along side me working me a bit. She had also tried the previous two nights, as she worked that street I guess. I said no thank you again and when I was in front of my hotel, just watching the street before going in, she promptly arrived in front of me on a motor with a friend, age 20. They tried again and both wanted to go with me. I am human and red blooded, intriguing idea even though I have never done such a thing, its fun to imagine. I excused myself and went in as I also needed a good sleep with a flight the next day.
Intriguing mini rant there Ricky albeit off topic somewhat. :hattip:

It's pretty clear you're not a hostess bar kind of guy, rather, you'd be happy with a 50c can of Angkor sitting outside Neil's Minimart on 136 and have a perv at the girls next door at Sweet Lemon bar. Fair enough..each to their own. :plus1:

Then you mention your preference for freelancers/grey girls over hostess bar girls on the proviso of course that "IF I wanted a girl" so it's strictly hypothetical..no worries. :thumb: However I'm a bit puzzled by some your assertions (see bolded)..could you clarify?

Why do you feel it's offensive the interest and smiles are feigned and while directed to your face, are pointed at your wallet? I mean, you know the score..you know why the girls are there..ryt? Would you expect it be any other way? Would you prefer it was more an illusion rather than appear so direct and shallow?

And that hypothetical freelancer that you reckon you'd prefer, you think her smiles and interest are less directed at your wallet? Do you think that hypothetical freelancer that you get from Pontoon is more or less "professional" than your typical bar girl?

And that 24 yr old missed opportunity that you guess "worked your street"...and then tried later again with a 20 yr old friend..you think she was interested in you as in like a grey girl? :beer3:
Not really sure your confusion, I’m not much of a bar guy and I haven’t paid hookers for sex even though as I said it is intriguing when presented to me. Yes I know why the bar girls are there and that’s why I’m not there because I am not seeking their offer and so it’s awkward.

I have a long term relationship over 5 years with a much younger woman and am almost never alone. Suffice to say her sex drive is larger than mine and I am fully satiated and have no need for strange, and that doesn’t touch on the morality of cheating which is another perfect reason for me not to do it.

Yes I prefer the genuine companionship and intimacy of a loving relationship that’s
not just a financial transaction and putting the parts together but I’m weird that way.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oscar’s is absolutely a hostess bar.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:52 pm Oscar’s is absolutely a hostess bar.
i absolutely agree :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

there's an update on the Faceboom thread about these guys. They messaged the bar owner and said if he took down the FB post they would pay him $674

The bar owner responded by saying if they came into the bar and paid up, he would take down the post.

They said no, take down the post first.

He said no, pay first, and I'll take down the post.

They went back and forth on this about 17 times.

Bar owner took down post, waited for them to pay, and shockingly, they didn't, so the post was reinstated.

Apparently, they hang out at Cool & Cozy Bar now.
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm Apparently, yes. After Dark Bar did.

According to other comments on the thread, the guys were allowed to leave promising they would "pay tomorrow." Also, some commenters said they are known for scamming in Siem Reap.
It makes a change for the people to rip the bar off instead of the other way round, power to the people, its only money ha ha
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Kratom123 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:33 am
It makes a change for the people to rip the bar off instead of the other way round, power to the people, its only money ha ha
And its only a long dead thread from March 2019 :plus1:

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We need an 'Old News' alert.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic