Smackdown Between Ex-Boxer and Gang of Bikies Over Traffic Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Smackdown Between Ex-Boxer and Gang of Bikies Over Traffic Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: An ex-Cambodian boxer at the Phnom Penh Royal Gendarmerie Club, who now works as a taxi driver, got into a fight with ten bikie lads after a traffic accident at 11 pm on March 03, 2019, in Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.
According to the ex-boxer, Mr. Lour Samnang, he was driving his Siena car on Sothearos road when it slightly hit a motorbike which was part of a motorcycle gang. After that, the bikies stopped his car and asked him to apologize to the gang leader. He didn't apologize so they attacked him and he fought back to protect himself. The gang used rocks and helmets to attack the man, breaking a hand and a finger.

After the incident, the police went to the fight scene to detain four gang members and the ex-boxer and took them all to the police station for questioning.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Smackdown Between Ex-Boxer and Gang of Bikies Over Traffic Accident

Post by Jerry Atrick »

So, hang on. He hit and damaged one bike, was asked to apologise and refused, and then some scuffle happened?
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

...and then he started crying and got a hug from the reporter.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I think the boxer has big balls to take on 10 bitch bikies armed with helmets and rocks. The scoopy gang bit off more than they could chew, rarely does a 10 against 1 fight end up with the 1 being the winner.

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is World Boxing Council World Super Flyweight Title holder and a policeman at the local detachment of the RTP. Whilst I doubt he does much traffic patrol, I have seen him in uniform and one would be wise to avoid fisticuffs with him.

My hat goes off to Mr. Samnang, 10 against 1 are shitty odds and he stood his ground.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:52 pm So, hang on. He hit and damaged one bike, was asked to apologise and refused, and then some scuffle happened?
You assume that the contact was his fault but it may may well not have been the case and I would suspect wasn't if there were 10 of them trying to own the road (an attitude that was quite possible)
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Am I the only one who hoped the title meant JamieLambo and the Rebels?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Element6 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:41 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:52 pm So, hang on. He hit and damaged one bike, was asked to apologise and refused, and then some scuffle happened?
You assume that the contact was his fault but it may may well not have been the case and I would suspect wasn't if there were 10 of them trying to own the road (an attitude that was quite possible)
I assume nothing.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:36 am
Element6 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:41 am
I assume nothing.
I think you did :)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

No, I repeated the facts presented in the OP in a more condensed form, with a question mark afterward.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:03 pm No, I repeated the facts presented in the OP in a more condensed form, with a question mark afterward.
Where did it say that it was his fault? Where did it say there was any damage to any bike?

But if you feel strongly about it then you are right. No assumptions were made. Not even the aforementioned ones
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic