Mauritius Expat EMILIO JEAN MARIE JOANITO Dies from Dengue Fever in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mauritius Expat EMILIO JEAN MARIE JOANITO Dies from Dengue Fever in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent »

There are 4 strains. One is hemmhoragic. Pray god we dont get that one as epidemic.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Mauritius Expat EMILIO JEAN MARIE JOANITO Dies from Dengue Fever in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Duncan »

Queef wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 am
Kayve wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 am Dengue isn't curable ?
There isn't an actual cure for dengue fever, but you can get shots and take a bunch of antibiotics to make it go away. Chikungunya is far worse than dengue fever. Be on the look out for aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Found a few in my apartment

The problem is, it's the ones you don't see that will give you problems. When travelling on a bus check out the little buggers that live under the seats and are biting your ankles.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

RIP...met Emilio a few times over beers, very down to earth bloke.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

He wasn’t a tourist either, he was a long term expat.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anarax
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Anarax »

RIP Gerard aka "Delicious From Mauritius" you are and will be one of the nicest and coolest person I've ever met. It was a honor know you brother. :hattip:
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

RIP Gerard.
I will miss sitting, talking, hearing your opinions, playing guitar and drinking with you until closing time on 172.
A genuine Top Bloke.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Dengue fever shouldn't be killing a bloke his size. Young kids and old people are in danger because you drop so much weight, but he could lose a few kgs safely. I had it in Sakhon Nakhon a few years ago. You don't always even need to be admitted to a hospital. Seems strange that it would kill a westerner.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
oopsfermi
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by oopsfermi »

angsta wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:30 amSeems strange that it would kill a westerner.
Contracting a disease/illness doesn't automatically mean it's the cause of death. Could easily be a trigger for something else that was always there just waiting to go off.

Don't expect to live too long and you won't end up disappointed.

RIP
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Evangelistic proponents of this "happy" will try and tell you it cures Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, AIDS and other diseases like Dengue Fever. Unfortunately it's nonsense, at best it just alleviates some symptoms.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I understand there is 'wake' (for want of a better term) for Emilio this Friday at Cadillac Bar on Riverside at 12:30. I was in Cadillac the other day and one of his friends was asking the manager if the place was available and it is. If any of his friends know, for sure, this is still the arrangement then perhaps they could confirm this or post any changes of plans?

I didn't know Emilio but he sounds like he made many friends here and was a nice man. "Delicious from Mauritius"... what a fantastic moniker.

R.I.P.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic