Lightweight suitcases in Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Lightweight suitcases in Penh

Post by pczz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:26 pm For check in luggage, the cloth ones don’t last. Had a High Sierra duffle roller. The Singapore Airline handlers made sure it was unfit for duty in less than 2 years and it died on arrival to PP. Had to hurriedly by a plastic roller suitcase set from Phsar Thmey (Central Market). After a little more than a year, the briefcase style locks are going bad. Had to hit it multiple times to get it to open. My main luggage is now an Away that has quality polycarbonate/ABS shell. The white color is all scratched up, but otherwise still working fine.

Been eyeing the Rimowa with the electronic luggage tags. Can’t bring myself to justify to the price tag.

OP - none of my luggage weigh 10 kilograms empty. The big one is 4.5 kg empty. Even the aluminum Rimowa weighs 6-7 kg empty.

What the heck did you buy?
Found a place, bt pricey but not as bad as Aeon. They have a28 inch fabric bag, seems well made and weighs 3kg.Wants $100, Similar $75 on Amazon. Also large duffle bag about the size of a medium suitcase weighs 1.3kg $25
He on st 53 near the junction with 126, NE corner of Central market. He also has luggage sttraps to stop your bag bursting.
Would disagree about fabric bags. I bought an IT one in UK for GBP17 in 2014. It has done round trip 4 times plus side trips and only just showing signs of wear. AT that price you can throw away every 4 trips and its still cheaper than a big case. Also with excess charges on qatar now at $40 a kilo it pays for itsel on 1 trip
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

A suitcase must be big enough to hold a body.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Multipox wrote:A suitcase must be big enough to hold a body.
Khmer or foreigner? Khmer is doable. As for foreigner, not sure if a suitcase can fit some of the specimens out there.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm
Multipox wrote:A suitcase must be big enough to hold a body.
Khmer or foreigner? Khmer is doable. As for foreigner, not sure if a suitcase can fit some of the specimens out there.
There is a suitcase for every need:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic