Paper or Gun ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Paper or Gun ?

Post by Joker Poker »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 am Thoughts:

Love it but cant help but imagine how filthy the thing is.
When you get to a new hotel room, just grab a flashlight and give the business end a thorough examination, chip of any crusty bits with a knife or a spoon and then give it a good soak in some strong bleach solution while you have a nice cup of tea or coffee (clean that spoon though). Rinse and repeat, and it's showtime!
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Joker Poker wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:13 am

When you get to a new hotel room, just grab a flashlight and give the business end a thorough examination, chip of any crusty bits with a knife or a spoon and then give it a good soak in some strong bleach solution while you have a nice cup of tea or coffee (clean that spoon though). Rinse and repeat, and it's showtime!
Sure, because I carry bleach with me when I travel. I will also throw in the remote for a good clean.

Actually, I do travel with disinfectant wipes, and often clean up things like that with them. Otherwise, I will wash my hands thoroughly after doing my business. haha.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:58 am I dread having no bum-gun whenever I return to the 'civilised' world each year.

My mate, an traveller to Asia for many years, got one installed in his London flat. He bought it from Amazon. The plumber who fitted it was so impressed by it he bought one himself for his own house.

If I ever return to the UK full time it's going to be the first home improvement I make.
I considered taking a few home with me, the install is super easy, don't need a plumber. Kind of handy to spray down the toilet a bit too.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:48 am

Sure, because I carry bleach with me when I travel. I will also throw in the remote for a good clean.

Actually, I do travel with disinfectant wipes, and often clean up things like that with them. Otherwise, I will wash my hands thoroughly after doing my business. haha.
Also worry about the bedspread, the kettle (Chinese like to wash their underwear in them), light switches, avoid glasses in the bathroom like the plague or stay at home :-)
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

Restaurants are the biggest danger when traveling. I earned 9 days of dysentery from eating a piece of food that fell off my plate and on to the table in an apparently clean restaurant in Hong Kong. I know better but I thought HK is clean compared to here, wrong. The bum gun came in handy during that stinky time.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Paulo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am Restaurants are the biggest danger when traveling. I earned 9 days of dysentery from eating a piece of food that fell off my plate and on to the table in an apparently clean restaurant in Hong Kong. I know better but I thought HK is clean compared to here, wrong. The bum gun came in handy during that stinky time.
Germs are a weird thing though. Its about our microbiome. Exposure to some 'dirt' builds up our immune system and makes us stronger. I don't know if I am lucky, or if I just have an iron gut, but I don't get sick much and have grazed pretty freely.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

hanno wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:53 am

Also worry about the bedspread, the kettle (Chinese like to wash their underwear in them), light switches, avoid glasses in the bathroom like the plague or stay at home :-)
Eww to cleaning underwear in a kettle. But a good boil will kill everything, even if its a bit gritty at the bottom. I also know that kettles are great for boiling eggs and making oatmeal. haha
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Hehehe.... Bumgun... Never heard of the word but i must agree it will leave a streakless bum. Convention tp a pain and does costs alot when u poo as often as i do.

I actually use a shower head bc the pressure too powerful on the "bumgun" hahah
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

hanno wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:53 am

I also worry about the button or lever that you flush the toilet with, also the door handles, especially the one in the toilet - so many don't wash their hands.

Always thoroughly clean any glass, cup, cutlery before use regardless. Get a nice single malt and have a shot or two after using any utensils. :good:
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Hey it's all about the adventure, never know what they got. Your very own Russian Roulette.

I always use it, if it's available. It kills me when I have to go someplace that doesn't have it. Like back state side.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic