If no one remembers your birthday

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Re: If no one remembers your birthday

Post by KHCHINATD »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 pm I understand. However, never say it's out of reach or that you can't do it or make other negative assumptions for your life and future. No one knows what the future brings. I think if you believe in yourself then you can reach your goals. Step by step you can do anything. Don't believe what I am saying just believe in yourself.
When I came here, I became a sinner. I can't imagine how I would live if I returned to China in the future. It was too much for me to change here.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

A sinner? How do you define sinner? Which religion do you belong too, if you don't mind me asking? You can go almost anywhere in this world and adapt. Humans most precious virtue. You seem to be an open minded person with values. You will make your way.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

If you are ever unlucky enough to get married I will tell you how you will always remember your wife's birthday for the rest of your life........Just forget it once.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

TOG wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 pm If you are ever unlucky enough to get married I will tell you how you will always remember your wife's birthday for the rest of your life........Just forget it once.
That's one of the reasons, that I'm single. :mrgreen:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 pm A sinner? How do you define sinner? Which religion do you belong too, if you don't mind me asking? You can go almost anywhere in this world and adapt. Humans most precious virtue. You seem to be an open minded person with values. You will make your way.
No, I don't believe in religion. The Chinese are terrible. Most people don't have faith, so there is no bottom line.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Why sinner then? Why are the Chinese terrible?
I am only 10 years older than you. When I was younger I would say the world is a bad place with mostly bad people. But it's not. It's just what it is and what you make of it. There are bad people but also good ones. This goes for the Chinese and any other nation as well.

KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 pm Why sinner then? Why are the Chinese terrible?
I am only 10 years older than you. When I was younger I would say the world is a bad place with mostly bad people. But it's not. It's just what it is and what you make of it. There are bad people but also good ones. This goes for the Chinese and any other nation as well.
Sorry, I don't know much about religious people.

In my opinion, people with religious beliefs have a bottom line or a guidelines.

My work here is against the law if it is in China.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

If I get you right, you say religious people are more comfortable or have a more structured life, right?
Not sure, don't think so actually. They also have a lot of restrictions which will not let them experience life to the point they want to. Religions are just a bunch of rules about what you shouldn't do. You can set for yourself what's right and good to do and what not. Then follow your principles and you are your own God. I think we need to have principles not Religious values to live a meaningful life. Beside that, it's only important that it is meaningful to you. No one else

KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 pm If I get you right, you say religious people are more comfortable or have a more structured life, right?
Not sure, don't think so actually. They also have a lot of restrictions which will not let them experience life to the point they want to. Religions are just a bunch of rules about what you shouldn't do. You can set for yourself what's right and good to do and what not. Then follow your principles and you are your own God. I think we need to have principles not Religious values to live a meaningful life. Beside that, it's only important that it is meaningful to you. No one else
Yes, you're right. Follow your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

KHCHINATD wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 pm
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 pm If I get you right, you say religious people are more comfortable or have a more structured life, right?
Yes, you're right. Follow your heart.
I believe Confucius said it like this.

Follow your heart, and your shadow will follow you.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic