Producing food and Barcodes

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dankman
Expatriate
Australia

Producing food and Barcodes

Post by Dankman »

I used to make Peanut Butter here and was told that is now the law to have a registered Cambodian Barcode if selling perishable foods.

Who else has experienced this ?

I see a certain Pickle man here is in denial and will no doubt face hefty fines when the authorities find out he has products on the shelves without registering with the Cambodian Chamber of Commerce....Not to mention he doesn't have a permit to work.

What a silly Pickleman.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Producing food and Barcodes

Post by Kuroneko »

Dankman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:43 pm I used to make Peanut Butter here and was told that is now the law to have a registered Cambodian Barcode if selling perishable foods.

Who else has experienced this ?

I see a certain Pickle man here is in denial and will no doubt face hefty fines when the authorities find out he has products on the shelves without registering with the Cambodian Chamber of Commerce....Not to mention he doesn't have a permit to work.

What a silly Pickleman.
Are you suggesting that he might be in a pickle? :plus1:

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Lucky supermarket's own products are all missing barcodes so patcan may be safe a little longer.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

I'll pass on the barcode info to my Cambodian wife of 8 years who heads the pickle empire. she is the owner-manager and I am just freeloading off her. Many thanks farmer Dankman
Dankman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dankman »

https://gs1cambodia.org/en-us/

You need to visit this office in the Ezecom building.

$50 for Khmers
$150 for foreigners
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

And this is probably something we should be praisng as it improves food hygiene standards and smakes the cause of food poioning traceable, theoretically
Dankman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dankman »

I agree mate.

The Chamber of Commerce is a great way to network as well.. Really helpfull and efficient staff.
Dankman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dankman »

Good Luck Patcan.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic