Bangkok to europe flights cancelled

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bangkok to europe flights cancelled

Post by chiltern »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:46 am
pczz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:40 am Disaster. i have to go to europe next week.
Via china or india looks best option but priced are going to be mental and flights longer
You could still try via Middle East, or Hong Kong. Those all overfly different areas.
You cannot get to the middle east from here without overflying pakistan. Roiutes via china are ok, they use chinese airspce. Read the BBC story. Other airlines are rerouting around but tta means fliybs over iran and extra refuelling stops for scoot which goes non stop to athens fro sgn
Srilankan Airlines
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

chiltern wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:24 pm
pczz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:46 am
pczz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:40 am Disaster. i have to go to europe next week.
Via china or india looks best option but priced are going to be mental and flights longer
You could still try via Middle East, or Hong Kong. Those all overfly different areas.
You cannot get to the middle east from here without overflying pakistan. Roiutes via china are ok, they use chinese airspce. Read the BBC story. Other airlines are rerouting around but tta means fliybs over iran and extra refuelling stops for scoot which goes non stop to athens fro sgn
Srilankan Airlines
well you could go vis australia, fiji, usa uk and so on. The normal flight route from se asia is through the conflict zone. 800 flights a day cannot all use the alternate routes though sri lanka and mubai. Thai airways was late to the party and there is no more room. Bo idea who else is affected so bad. Dcoot and singapore are adding extra refuelling stops .
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

Fly Cathay Pacific...they don't go over Pakistan en route to London at least...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

all the china airlines fly to Europe over china
and thai is now using Chinese airspace
THAI usually flies over Pakistan’s airspace when going to or returning from Europe, but after the closure, the carrier had asked for authorisation to fly over China’s airspace, the airline said yesterday.

Flight Lieutenant Pratana Patanasiri, THAI’s vice president for aviation safety, security and standards, said the national carrier has received permission from authorities to fly over China. However, he said, the permission was granted on a daily basis, so the airline needs to update the situation daily.
Also, he said, flying over China actually cuts the flying time down by 20 minutes.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

I wonder why that is. The distance is exactly the same. Maybe the speed?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

im flying to London with Thai Airways tonight, had loads of people telling me about this the other night, think all routes have been re-routed through China airspace and running as scheduled
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm im flying to London with Thai Airways tonight, had loads of people telling me about this the other night, think all routes have been re-routed through China airspace and running as scheduled
possibly. The story was Thai was abit slow getting in the game and the southern routes round pakistan were full. Diverting over china makes sense if the chinese will play.
Also i was booking a flight while this was going on and all the cheap flights disappeared. Presume prices when up with everyon chasing replacements fro Thai Airways cock up and also extra flying hours to avoid the conflict zone.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:facepalm:

did either of u two read my post above?

Flight Lieutenant Pratana Patanasiri, THAI’s vice president for aviation safety, security and standards, said the national carrier has received permission from authorities to fly over China. However, he said, the permission was granted on a daily basis, so the airline needs to update the situation daily.
Also, he said, flying over China actually cuts the flying time down by 20 minutes.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30365007

cant get much right can ya? :please:
PCZZ
...You cannot get to the middle east from here without overflying pakistan.
Oh really?
PCZZ.....
Also i was booking a flight while this was going on and all the cheap flights disappeared......also extra flying hours to avoid the conflict zone.
:please:
so you were booking a flight to Europe to depart in the last few days and next few days an you expected to find cheap flights in the middle of the high season??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PS:
friend of mine just flew on thai airways to the uk yesterday

said took 13 hours,no stops
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm PS:
friend of mine just flew on thai airways to the uk yesterday

said took 13 hours,no stops
yeah same route i just took, the guy i was sat next to was meant to fly the night they cancelled the flights, first night they were left in the dark, 2nd night him and his wife got put up in a hotel

yeah flight took over 13 hours, landed nearly 30minutes later due to the re-route
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic