Posting cigarettes internationally from Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Posting cigarettes internationally from Cambodia

Post by cannabistourist »

Sorry, but funny people here who do not know what they are talking about. There is the law and the practice of the idiots in uniform everywhere in te world, who just want to work as little as they can, and are anyway not enough to check more than 5% parcels sent to any country.

I have been sending hundreds parcels with illegal stuff as cigarettes or weed, to US, Australia and Europe.

Few parcels were checked and seized, recipient was not contacted by customs, only lost his items.

Do you really think that they have time to visit everybody who receive 1 or 2 cartons of cigs ?! Of course not !

Or there would not have as much drug sent by post all over the world.

The best is USA, I had never even 1 parcel checked ! A real heaven !

So you can send, and yes they can catch, but you must be very unlucky or just send too much.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Cambodianumberone
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Cambodianumberone »

Hi everyone , i would like to send a parcel but i don't know how do , can you give some advices ?

Thank you for your help ,

Mark
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Cambodianumberone wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:48 pm Hi everyone , i would like to send a parcel but i don't know how do , can you give some advices ?

Thank you for your help ,

Mark
Go to the post office and just repeat to them exactly what you said here. Easy peasy lemon squeezy
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

First check the weight of what you want to send, and then check at the PO to see how much it will cost you . Inexpensive items bought in Cambodia can cost a lot to send in postage. Often, it's not worth it.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Derigeriser wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:22 pm Hi,

Whats the go with posting cigarette cartons internationally from Cambodia?

I want to send some back home during my next trip but just not sure what the situation is on the Cambodia end regarding post. I know on my end I am allowed to import, they just get taxed on arrival (if they find em).

I can only assume cigarettes are on the export prohibited list, but how do they check? Is it a random thing, like one in a hundred packages get inspected? What happens if they're found?

Also, what are the prices like for international postage from Cambodia?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Der
If you post them you will have to complete a customs declaration. If you tell the truth you will have to pay all tax and duty in australia. If you lie it is a criminal offence and you can face a big fine and or jail.
On top of that you may be sending fake or copied cigarettes like the ones they sell at the market. in That case you could also be charged for selling counterfeit goods, and possible other offences depeding what is actually in the fake cigarettes.
Please let us know ho you get on.I am sure it will be educational
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Three times I sent 300 Marlborough lights to my mate in UK, at post office, lady would say ,Ah cigarettes, I would say yes and this $20 is for you Bong Srey Saa-art and she would say to me, "you write cigarette, but you write bad", so I would just scribble something, all good, then my friend asked me to put a few Valium in next time and it all went wrong and the UK police turned up at his house.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

mouytiet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:52 pm Three times I sent 300 Marlborough lights to my mate in UK, at post office, lady would say ,Ah cigarettes, I would say yes and this $20 is for you Bong Srey Saa-art and she would say to me, "you write cigarette, but you write bad", so I would just scribble something, all good, then my friend asked me to put a few Valium in next time and it all went wrong and the UK police turned up at his house.
Probably nab u when you land as well :facepalm:
Cambodianumberone
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Cambodianumberone »

I tried somewhere and they opened my parcel and they see some cigarettes and said no ..
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The Apsara Authority, on behalf of the Angkor Archaeological Park, on Wednesday accepted a Smoke-Free Heritage Award from the Southeast Asia Tobacco Control Alliance (Seatca) and the World Health Organisation based in the Asia-Pacific region.

The award was presented during a workshop to advance the campaign to make Siem Reap a smoke-free city.

The event, held at the Apsara Palace Hotel, was attended by Ministry of Tourism undersecretary of state Hor Saron and Seatca representative Dr Domilyn Villarreiz.

The award follows the Apsara Authority’s successful efforts to increase public awareness of the issue, emphasise the detrimental impact on the temples and transform Angkor Archaeological Park into a smoke-free zone.

Speaking to more than 100 participants from relevant organisations that promote health and smoke-free environments, Villarreiz praised the authority for maintaining Angkor Archaeological Park and its offices as smoke-free.

There is going to be a big surplus of cigarettes soon in Cambodia now that Siem Reap is smoke free . I think it's a great idea to post them to other countries. Have you received you award yet.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic