Does Cambodia secretly deport Western overstayers to Thailand without telling the Thais about the overstay?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Does Cambodia secretly deport Western overstayers to Thailand without telling the Thais about the overstay?

Post by RickyBobby » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:09 pm

What about Bob? Anyone heard from him lately?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Sherman's mate
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Does Cambodia secretly deport Western overstayers to Thailand without telling the Thais about the overstay?

Post by Sherman's mate » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

I met Bob at Williams place one morning, when he first moved to Kampot he would go there every day for breakfast, eggs coffee cigarettes and Wi-Fi.
At the time he was putting together short crime whodunnits, that I would read, and spoke of an interest in Olly’s story.
He seemed like a nice enough bloke. :)
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:36 pm

I was told that the maimum overstay fine now was $1,000 plus detention and deportation. If you wish to avoid the jail time youmay be able to pay for a speedy service
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic