Learn Khmer with a Native Khmer for Free!

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Kay Kay
Expatriate
Cambodia

Learn Khmer with a Native Khmer for Free!

Post by Kay Kay »

Hello guys,
If you are really into learning Khmer language, I would suggest you to check out this YouTube channel (LIFELONGLEARNING-KHMER)​. I make video tutorial on teaching Khmer to foreigners. Let me introduce it to you.

LIFELONGLEARNING-KHMER offers Khmer course through video tutorial on YouTube for free. Our aim is to ease foreigners who really want to know how to use Khmer language for their communication. The learners can help us back by just subscribing our channel so that we can get more and more subscribers and in turn we’ll get profit from the future advertisement.

Khmer course covers:
-Khmer basic phrases
-Khmer grammar
-Khmer confusing words
-Khmer slangs
-Formality
-Khmer transcript
-others
*More than survival!
You can also ask me any questions related to Khmer language and I will make video tutorial for you. Again, it's COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Learn Khmer with a Native Khmer for Free!

Post by pczz »

Kay Kay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:13 pm Hello guys,
If you are really into learning Khmer language, I would suggest you to check out this YouTube channel (LIFELONGLEARNING-KHMER)​. I make video tutorial on teaching Khmer to foreigners. Let me introduce it to you.

LIFELONGLEARNING-KHMER offers Khmer course through video tutorial on YouTube for free. Our aim is to ease foreigners who really want to know how to use Khmer language for their communication. The learners can help us back by just subscribing our channel so that we can get more and more subscribers and in turn we’ll get profit from the future advertisement.

Khmer course covers:
-Khmer basic phrases
-Khmer grammar
-Khmer confusing words
-Khmer slangs
-Formality
-Khmer transcript
-others
*More than survival!
You can also ask me any questions related to Khmer language and I will make video tutorial for you. Again, it's COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE!
Nice effort. What i desperatley need is an online course for Khmer who cannot read and write to learn. that would be very useful
Kay Kay
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kay Kay »

Thank you. I'm afraid I can't help them since they cannot read and write, how can they use technology to learn by themselves?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Hi Kay Kay,

It is good that you are doing this. I think people learning Khmer will benefit.

Do you want some suggestions how to make it even better?

1. Include the short/simple version to make it easier for new learners. For example:

In addition to the long version, for "How are you?" include the short version "សុខ សប្បាយ." This will be much easier for new learners. Later they can learn the long version.

With "Can you say that again?" include the short version "ម្តង ទៀត." Also much easier for new learners. Later they can learn the long version.

If you have both the long and short version, new users can learn the short version and get started with simple conversation. More advanced learners can learn the long version.

2. Include the meaning of each word. For example:

ម្តង means once.

ទៀត means more.

Together ម្តង ទៀត means again.

This way, when they come across the same word again, they have already learnt it.

3. It is much easier for new learners to read Khmer if there is a space between words. I suggest putting a space between words to help them.

Just some suggestions. It is up to you if you choose to use these ideas.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kay Kay
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kay Kay »

Thank you, bro. I agree with you. Normally this is how I do in the classroom. That's good, I'd say. I might include that in the next video tutorials. Thank you for you advice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic