Stalker ex-girlfriend (Help)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Stalker ex-girlfriend (Help)

Post by willyhilly »

Yawn....
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Used to read these stories frequently but it's been quite a while. Wonder what's changed.
My favourite advice was to a victim of a bg stalker. The suggestion - sleep with her once more and give her $10 in the morning, she won't come back.
But, sorry OP, I don't think that will work in this case. Sounds to me that one of the problems is that she is embarrassed at having given it for free. If she gets dumped after that, cue major loss of face.
The easiest way to deal with it is to be just as crazy as her (many creative suggestions already) but I don't think your personality permits that.
Remember, it is just another form of power game - she feels (correctly) that she can dominate you.
The obvious solution is to give her money but that seems to be impossible. You need to find a way that lets her friends think you have given her money.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Go see her parents and negotiate a settlement.THink of it as severance pay
Failing that go see some tuk tuk drivers and ask them to speak to her quietly ;-)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:18 pm
nouseforaname wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm So far, no good advice just irrelevant questions. Vietnamese and Cambodian, she is relentless you have no idea, she is very well connected. I am not sure what she wants from me b/c she knows I have no money. Just a simple guy who is low key.
so what does she say to you when she is waiting outside your place or turning up at your school?
so what is it that she wants from you, she must have told you during these altercations
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:32 pm
nouseforaname wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm So far, no good advice just irrelevant questions. Vietnamese and Cambodian, she is relentless you have no idea, she is very well connected. I am not sure what she wants from me b/c she knows I have no money. Just a simple guy who is low key.
so what does she say to you when she is waiting outside your place or turning up at your school?
so what is it that she wants from you, she must have told you during these altercations

She says she wants him back. The geniuses here are interpreting that to mean "I want money"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:32 pm

She says she wants him back. The geniuses here are interpreting that to mean "I want money"
so she turns up at the school shouting "nouseforaname... i want you back... please take me back... i lub you so mutt!!!"
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

1. Get a backbone.
2. You've got a "friend with benefits", enjoy when the spirit moves you.
3. Does she have any attractive friends? Then she can stalk her friend
4. Find another girlfriend.

IF you can't do any/all of the above then its time to pack up and move to Thailand or back to wherever home is.

If the first time she showed up you had smiled and made some sort of joke about how your always fighting off attractive women I suspect it would have also been the last time. But my real guess is that when you were first seeing her there was talk about family and moving and you became the golden ticket out of Cambodia. If so, you reap what you sow.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:37 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:42 pm
What's the nature of her successful businesses?
I hope for his sake she's not the proprietor of a certain cake shop.
Post from the Facebook version of this thread:

Tom Steinmetz: Sounds so familiar to me
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Do you have mates? Have your mates go with you when you are likely to meet her. Have them tell her you have finished with her, you dont want her, and she is crazy for chasing you. Instead of one against one, she will be outnumbered and feel humiliated.

If you do lose your job, cut off all contact, and move to another town. If she finds you move again.

For those who have not experienced anything like this, some girls do things you wouldnt believe. This type of thing really does happen.

It is important to get her out of your life. Some men who have been put in jail as a result of false charges by ex girlfriends, and others have been beaten up by her brothers or friends.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

TWY wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 pm 1. Get a backbone.
2. You've got a "friend with benefits", enjoy when the spirit moves you.
3. Does she have any attractive friends? Then she can stalk her friend
4. Find another girlfriend.

IF you can't do any/all of the above then its time to pack up and move to Thailand or back to wherever home is.

If the first time she showed up you had smiled and made some sort of joke about how your always fighting off attractive women I suspect it would have also been the last time. But my real guess is that when you were first seeing her there was talk about family and moving and you became the golden ticket out of Cambodia. If so, you reap what you sow.
This was my summation: there was talk about moving to the USA, and he was the golden ticket. But now, he's not. Nouseforaname: confirm or deny?

And also, you need to get out of the city she's in. You shat in your own nest, sadly. She sounds like the terminator, and she's the alpha in this situation. You've probably taken her back before, so why not this time? She's upping the ante until you cave.

Move, to a different country if you must. Also, NO conversations, as any talk with her friends will be considered negotiations. Cut all contact. If you need to pay her some severance money, arrange that too.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic