Car Mechanic Recommendation in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Car Mechanic Recommendation in Phnom Penh?

Post by lostjeremy »

I've come across a string of mechanics who are either scammers or who have had a lobotomy.

I know my car stuff but don't have the desire to do it myself anymore the older I get.

These "mechanics" I've talked with don't know their asshole from their elbow and I wouldn't trust them to suck the dirt off my air filter through a straw let alone change my transmission.

Anyone found a good car mechanic in PP outside of the dealerships?

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Car Mechanic Recommendation in Phnom Penh?

Post by pczz »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:04 pm I've come across a string of mechanics who are either scammers or who have had a lobotomy.

I know my car stuff but don't have the desire to do it myself anymore the older I get.

These "mechanics" I've talked with don't know their asshole from their elbow and I wouldn't trust them to suck the dirt off my air filter through a straw let alone change my transmission.

Haha. Best if luck. if you know what needs doingsit and watch them and kick there arse when they do summat stupid. thats what I do with my bike when I am too lazy to do it myself
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:04 pm I've come across a string of mechanics who are either scammers or who have had a lobotomy.

Can you name the places you've been to ? :hattip:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Ingvar 7788
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Ingvar 7788 »

lostjeremy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Try "Chol Chet Auto"
https://www.facebook.com/cholchetauto/
On Google Map: https://www.google.ru/maps/place/CHOL+C ... 04.8560543

They opened recently. The owners and management are Japanese.
They speak a little English, but it's not a big problem.
They fixed my Highlander's suspension and I had got a chance to check their competence. I liked this garage.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

What make/model?
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Kayve wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:09 am

Can you name the places you've been to ? :hattip:
Yes please name those places. I want to meet someone who's had a lobotomy. As a side note, I've owned several cars and never wrecked a transmission, both automatic and manual. How do you manage to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic